Iphone 3GS to come to tmobile.& data plans have to be different?.opinions?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I ask as a current T-mobile user, your thoughts of IF the speculated 3GS comes to T-mobile US, what do you think it would be priced at? Currently the 3GS 8Gb is $99 on AT&T. Do you think it would be priced the same or do you think (for some reason) they will try to get $200 for it?

Before reading that its the 3GS that's speculated to arrive on T-mobile, i had thought it was the iphone 4, which i was planning to purchase on T-mobile if it was actually released. Issue was, i want it in white, and i had doubts that if t-mobile got the new Iphone 4, that they would have the white ones in stock either. So hearing it should be the 3GS is actually a good thing, assuming the price is lower than $200.

I was also curious, do you think data is data is data for T-mobile? For example, technically my data plan is called "Android data plan", with unlimited web...yet if it put my SIM-Card into a blackberry, i assume that the data would work just fine. Do you think the Iphone on tmobile will have a unique data plan of its own? I hope that data is data, because i plan on swapping my SIM-Card in and out of my Android phone and future T-mobile Iphone (assuming T-mobile gets them).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I would guess they would treat it like an android and rename the plan...

More importantly (to me) is are they going to have visual voicemail? I've been wanting that feature forever now!

(I have a 3GS unlocked on T-mobile)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It's so not happening. It's abject nonsense. Apple wouldn't even think of selling new users something without an A4 and FaceTime.

And they'd have to literally make a completely different iPhone than the one sold before. The current 3GS can't use T-Mobile's 3G band at all.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's so not happening. It's abject nonsense. Apple wouldn't even think of selling new users something without an A4 and FaceTime.

And they'd have to literally make a completely different iPhone than the one sold before. The current 3GS can't use T-Mobile's 3G band at all.

Actually, all it would take is a mild tweak in the baseband. The 3GS's baseband currently supports 850, 1900, and 2100 MHz. Switch either the 850 or 1900 MHz band over to 1700 MHz, and you're done.

As for not selling a new iPhone without Facetime: That makes sense. Also, if the phone comes out in Jan. 2011, the hardware would be based on an 18-month-old design. Not the best situation.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yeah from everything i have read, it is relatively simple to adjust a iphone to work fully on Tmobiles 3G network. As for the impossibility of them releasing the 3GS instead of 4G, i understand what your saying, but from what i have read, it has to do with the fact that its a loop hole around exclusivity, that AT&T can still have the newest iphone exclusively but Tmobile will still get a Iphone, it will just be the second to the newest Gen.

Yeah what im worried most about is the data plan, as long as a data plan is a data plan is a data plan, then i will be super happy.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I am desperatesly awaiting a Tmobile Iphone. I am due for an upgrade but have resisted giving in and getting a Samsung Vibrant because I think the Iphone is worth waiting for. I dont care if it is a 3G. I don't need it to be white. I just need 3G speeds. Everybody say get an unlocked iphone. 2G is horrible and no substitute. When is Apple going to flip the switch and allow Tmobile in the game