They crippled the nano>what will fill that hole

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
with the taking away of the video from the nano apple has smashed a hole in its ipod line up

or is apple positioning it self for some thing greater

right now we are stuck with the 160 g and the touch for video playback

maybe apple has some thing else coming soon

a smaller touch like phone

a lesser iphone at a lower more mass market price

dick tracey like

that will fill the hole

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

i think apple will build this nano line out as time moves on

Sanity says no.

Quote:

'and this NEW NANO FROM FACTOR >>>>> is what so many un tech savvvy woman really wantedanyway

Thanks for playing. We're not sexist here.

Quote:

The touch has video great A4 VIDOE WITH GREAT SCREEN ALSO !!!!

and my 160g ALSO play great video and i HAVE DOZENS OF MOVIES AND

tv show /aud /vid podcasts

contacts

9000 aiff songs to boot .. i am buying a 160g today to keep hidden for ever , its mine !!!!!

Is English your first language? I ask as a serious question.

Quote:

A mass market smaller phone

So... the iPhone nano. Not happening. Thanks again for playing.

Quote:

it will do video <<no pics >>

Makes zero sense.

Quote:

it will do app and games

Not with a screen of a different ratio.

Quote:

it will be a carrier less phone

Good luck with that. Entertain your fantasies on your own time.

Quote:

it will be $ 20 a month flat call charge like a skpe deal

Right, because Apple would be the one dictating pricing and the telecoms SURE wouldn't make you get a data plan. KEEP DREAMING.

Quote:

you will need as top end mobile me account

Oh, so forcing users to pay $100 a year for all eternity. It would NEVER sell.

Quote:

it will netflix

Having what to do with anything?

Quote:

it will NOT be a iphone ios 4

Then it isn't an iPhone and isn't an Apple product. You planning to release this yourself? Because Apple sure as heck wouldn't.

Quote:

it will sell for under $300 WITH NO CONTRACT

Insert relevant song lyrics involving dreams here.

Quote:

this will be a WORLDWIDE PHONE , A pure server farm internet connect device that can and will work on any system out there WORLDWIDE .

*snort*

Quote:

APPLE IN YR 3 can sell 100 million mini phones a YEAR

Good thing I'm not drinking anything right now.

Quote:

these are my thoughts

please add to it

This is insane. Even by old-me standards. Leave the speculation to the people with realistic expectations for Apple. You'll only hurt yourself otherwise.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    At least in the iPod line up.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    [edited
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Dock Connector Modules.

• Reply 5 of 13
    Nothing. If you want a camera and video playback, Apple wants you to spend more on a touch. And they know you will.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

Nothing. If you want a camera and video playback, Apple wants you to spend more on a touch. And they know you will.

i hope not

i wanna smaller touch w/ phone added

• Reply 7 of 13
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

i hope not

i wanna smaller touch w/ phone added

When on a farm it is best to call a bull a bull and a cow a cow, otherwise you might find yourself milking the wrong one!

So you should be asking for a smaller iPhone, which by the way may be a very good idea. For some people even an iPhone is on the big size. Obviosly if the unit got beloe a certain size some functionality would have to go. Some of that could be made up with Blutooth or iPod connector attachments.

Interestingly the post above with the pics hit upon this concept. For example a Pod connector device that can function as a keyboard, an additional battery, a WiFi and GPS node or what ever fucntionality one would want to plug into the Mini iPhone. The base unit could get by fine with 3G and basic cell functionality and mayby an accelerometer. The tough part being balancing features with battery size. The new nano is likely to small but we would want to go much bigger either.

I'm actually wondering why iPhone Nano is taking so long. It is a pretty obvious move from what I can see. Many people are put off by iPhones size and don't really want all the features of iPhone. However the address book and other syncables are critical. With current technology this should be doable, though battery life time would likely suck.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

When on a farm it is best to call a bull a bull and a cow a cow, otherwise you might find yourself milking the wrong one!

So you should be asking for a smaller iPhone, which by the way may be a very good idea. For some people even an iPhone is on the big size. Obviosly if the unit got beloe a certain size some functionality would have to go. Some of that could be made up with Blutooth or iPod connector attachments.

Interestingly the post above with the pics hit upon this concept. For example a Pod connector device that can function as a keyboard, an additional battery, a WiFi and GPS node or what ever fucntionality one would want to plug into the Mini iPhone. The base unit could get by fine with 3G and basic cell functionality and mayby an accelerometer. The tough part being balancing features with battery size. The new nano is likely to small but we would want to go much bigger either.

I'm actually wondering why iPhone Nano is taking so long. It is a pretty obvious move from what I can see. Many people are put off by iPhones size and don't really want all the features of iPhone. However the address book and other syncables are critical. With current technology this should be doable, though battery life time would likely suck.

Thank you for a great well thought out post .

Yes A smaller iphone is what i want or its what the world needs.

Yet i say NANO phone because APPLE hass a patent on a unique or MAC OSX PLUS version of M.V.N.O. S W.

thats >> Mobile Virtual Network Operator

Read more here

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator<<;

So in Apples version of M.V.N.O. We the Nano phone owners would have APPLE AS A GATEKEEPER . Apple for its part would tie down the 6 major USA Carriers to a unified agreement stating that Apple would buy or lease or somehow hold/control large blocks of telephone/data time << Minutes or 10 second packets i guess >> This works well when the CARRIERS are in a slow peridot and would be happy to sell data minutes . The posted link explains much better than i ever could .

The reason why this is a major future operation for america and the world is we may as a people STOP building so many duplicated phone systems. WE could share . And Apple would get us the cheapest minutes available.

ADD in

face time

WI FI

ipod music

ipod video

and we could have a full glass model on both sides

that super new screen

and since we have no click wheel

THE FAT NANO form factor may return !!!

And yes that server farm apple built .looms very large now i guess .

PS i regret to say that i did not understand the post with the pics in them ??

peace

so mr wizard dude

please think that if all this happens in some form and the price is

less than $250

w/ no contract and a

flat fee of $28.50

a month

apple could sell The Fat Boy Nano Video Phone in the millions .

or not.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    I've never wanted an iPhone. That said, if Apple release a Nano sized iPhone, I will be first in line.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I've never wanted an iPhone. That said, if Apple release a Nano sized iPhone, I will be first in line.

i'm about too buy the touch

or the iphone

still the killed off old nano was so cool

and the new nano while being a pure music play

and so tiny and so square

i guess it can become a big hit and still get the buyer to spring for other apple devices at the same time

still the death of the fat boy nano and now this one leaves millions of young kids just coming of age not knowing the joy of movies and stuff on a cheap light small device

apple should have kept both

kill the shuffle

i own 3 of the old nanos 2 in a sealed box

i am looking to buy a fat nano sealed also .

i guess apple will release smaller and larger touches soon so they had to clear some room

peace

• Reply 11 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

odd pic

very odd

and it is the greatest remote control ever .

• Reply 13 of 13
    apple has the market pretty much covered, it will be interesting to see what they will come up with next.