iPad coming to 5 Latin American countries on Sept. 17

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple has announced that Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru will be getting the iPad on Sept. 17.

The launch of the iPad in these 5 Latin American countries was announced in an Apple press release (Google translation) earlier this week. "All models will be available" in each of the countries, and will be distributed by "some Apple Authorized Resellers."

Friday also brings the launch of the iPad in one of the world's largest markets: China. Currently, just the Wi-Fi model is listed for the launch. The iPad 3G is listed on the China online Apple Store as "Coming Soon."

Apple plans to release the iPad in "many more countries later this year." Availability and pricing for these additional countries has not yet been announced.

The Cupertino, Calif., company struggled to keep up with initial demand and was forced to delay the international launch by a month in April.

In the coming months, iPad supply should come closer to meeting demand now that Apple has signed on a new supplier for the iPad's touch sensors. Delays with the iPad's touch-panels had reportedly caused a bottleneck in production.

In the U.S., shipping times for the iPad on Apple's official online store have improved to "Ships within 24 hrs" for all six version of the device. The iPad will soon be available in all of Best Buy's 1,093 U.S. stores. At launch, the iPad was only available at the 673 Best Buy stores with Apple Shop locations.

Recent rumors have also mentioned that Target and Walmart will carry the iPad in time for the holidays.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    No iPad for Mexico?

Edit: Whoops forgot it was released already.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgl323 View Post

No iPad for Mexico?

It's been out in Mexico since July 23rd.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbarriault View Post

It's been out in Mexico since July 23rd.

Oh yeah thats right.. Sorry, I forgot that it was released since July 23rd. My mistake
  • Reply 4 of 20
    I think we'll have to wait a little more here in Brazil...

The iPhone 4 is ready to go and has been approved by Anatel, the brazilian equivalent of the FCC, though. Time to replace my aging iPhone 2G.

Edit: the iPad has been approved too. Maybe there's some problem between Apple and the operators...
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Is since last weekend in 2 retail chains, but there is no changes in the AppStore, and iBook store
  • Reply 6 of 20
    It is great to have the iPad launched officially here in Argentina at last! Too bad the pricing is prohibitively expensive for almost all Argentinians. A fully configured Wi-fi + 3g iPad will sell for U$S1400.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdflux View Post

It is great to have the iPad launched officially here in Argentina at last! Too bad the pricing is prohibitively expensive for almost all Argentinians. A fully configured Wi-fi + 3g iPad will sell for U$S1400.

In colombia, is only 10 to 15 % more expensive (Tax included)
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icebox_br View Post

I think we'll have to wait a little more here in Brazil...

The iPhone 4 is ready to go and has been approved by Anatel, the brazilian equivalent of the FCC, though. Time to replace my aging iPhone 2G.

Edit: the iPad has been approved too. Maybe there's some problem between Apple and the operators...

They call them "carriers" in the US

Happens with me as well.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Since the iPad has been released for months the rest of the world will be behind current technology.

Doesn't anyone in this forum understand that is what is so great about Android?

512k of Ram is for 2009 in hand held devices.

Keep buying last years technology for a premium (as you did with Mac OS Computers) and you'll be in that 5% again. It's just a matter of time.

No Flash, Last Years Processors and the only one the benefits is Apple and their Stock Holders.

Something is Very Wrong With This Future. Thankfully if won't be...
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MenLoveToys View Post

If you can't tell a kilobyte from a megabyte, I think I can safely disregard the rest of your inane post.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Since the iPad has been released for months the rest of the world will be behind current technology.

Doesn't anyone in this forum understand that is what is so great about Android?

Keep buying last years technology for a premium (as you did with Mac OS Computers) and you'll be in that 5% again. It's just a matter of time.

No Flash, Last Years Processors and the only one the benefits is Apple and their Stock Holders.

Something is Very Wrong With This Future. Thankfully if won't be...

Umm... Not sure if anything is "very wrong". By the way the iPad has only 256MB of RAM. So...

More importantly, poor South East Asia, Korea and Taiwan are left out, very surprising to see Latin America get it, but nonetheless, enjoy yer iPads...!

No China or India yet...

iPhone 4 should be coming soon to more countries through Sep and Oct but stocks will be highly constrained, I imagine.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    So, finally they dealt and done with supply problems?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    very good these countries are getting the i pad shipped to them. I reside in the Philippines what about my country getting it here? Why the long delay? ga
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Si. More iPads Por Favor!
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

Si. More iPads Por Favor!

Alamak... Tolong hantar iPad ke Malaysia.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by striker_kk View Post

So, finally they dealt and done with supply problems?

Nope, at the very least 50 more countries to go... and it's already the 16th of September, iPad has been available in the US for about half a year already.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Alamak... Tolong hantar iPad ke Malaysia.

Holy F "Tolong hantar iPad ke Malaysia" was Google indexed in less than one minute and shows up near the top result.

I'm getting a bit freaked out by Google, to be honest.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Nope, at the very least 50 more countries to go... and it's already the 16th of September, iPad has been available in the US for about half a year already.

Yes but that may have less to do with supply and more to do with a multitude of international laws. Apple being a US company has a much much easier time in the US than anywhere else where there are added fees, various testing etc. And in some cases, the countries wanting features disabled or even removed.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

If you really mean 512MB of RAM, I am not sure in what planet it isn't enough for mobile devices. My company sells rugged mobile computers and the latest and greatest comes with 256MB of RAM.

The iPad, as mentioned by another poster, has 256MB. And it's no problem, because mobile devices and their operating systems are meant to -- or, at least, should -- be designed to work with those capacities.

Quote:

I fail to see where the A4 (mobile) or the lastest Westmere (desktop) processors are last years' technology.

I don't participate that often in forums and here I am, feeding a troll. I don't think I can add anymore into this conversation...

Cheers,

_iCeb0x_
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

They call them "carriers" in the US

I stand corrected. Thanks!

Cheers,

_iCeb0x_