Copy HTML to word...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am trying to copy a protected web page into word. The page does not allow copying by either control+C or Edit>copy functions so I used save as...

I have figured out how to get to save in text but the length of the thing takes hours of formatting before it is how I need it to study for exams...now once by accident I was able to save the page as text then open the file in FF and save again and it was identical to the web page which is what I need, but it was a fluke and I can't remember much less replicate what I did.

Can someone help me save it so it is exactly as it appears online in word?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Uh, what? Just open the Web Inspector and copy the HTML from there or try SAVING the HTML file to your computer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Uh, what? Just open the Web Inspector and copy the HTML from there or try SAVING the HTML file to your computer.

Word does not open the file...when I do save as Web page, HTML only or save as Web page, complete the file extension is aspx.htm and when I try to open it in word I get the error message "document name or path is not valid". Now by accident somehow I managed to save one and it opens perfectly in word and I then saved it as a .doc but I can not replicate that process...

Which is what I need help with...turning a web page into a .doc with the same format and look of the original web page.

I need to copy a web page, that has disabled copy functions, into word with so that it looks identical to what is online...so far I have managed to save the page as text but the product in not user friendly.

I need to know how to save the web page so that it can be opened/used/edited in word.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    It's a dynamic page. .aspx pages are not really html. It's a page that is created dynamically when you visit the page. These sort of pages are very hard to copy with proper formatting and information for this reason.