Apple's largest mall-based US store opening Oct. 16

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple announced Tuesday that its newly redesigned Apple Retail Store in Saint Louis, Mo., which will feature a first-of-its-kind lounge area, will open Saturday, Oct. 16 at 9 a.m.

Apple sent emails with news that the St. Louis Galleria Apple Store will reopen Saturday after being "completely redesigned." The first 1,000 visitors will receive a free Apple T-shirt, the email said.

The redesign replaces a "mini" Apple Store in the St. Louis Galleria Mall with over 6,000 square-feet of space and a 55-foot wide storefront. It will be Apple's largest mall-based store in the U.S. when it opens Saturday.

The St. Louis store made news last week when rumors emerged that the store would have a new lounge area in front of the store. The permanent kiosk will offer free Wi-Fi and allow customers to check in to Genius bar appointments. According to ifoAppleStore, the new Apple Store "Genius Lounge" area will occupy a 592 square-feet space that has recently been vacated by Starbucks Coffee.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    The Galleria Mall store in St. Louis is about 25 minutes from my home. I plan to be there to take it all in. Life is good.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I was in St. Louis on a work assignment when I scheduled a One to One appointment for my new iPhone, and I remembered thinking, "Gee, this Apple Store is tiny!" But the guy who assisted me was totally cute, so that made up for it.

I look forward to photos of the new store.

GTSC
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

The Galleria Mall store in St. Louis is about 25 minutes from my home. I plan to be there to take it all in. Life is good.

Don't forget to get my t-shirt, okay!

• Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The redesign replaces a "mini" Apple Store in the St. Louis Galleria Mall with over 6,000 square-feet of space ...

wow! that's almost 560 square meters! i'm sure that place will fill up quite easily on most days.

i still have a soft spot for the flagship Apple Store in the Ginza district of Tokyo, Japan; good memories
  • Reply 5 of 10
    gnogno Posts: 2member
    We needed a bigger store in the St. Louis area!! I will be there opening day to check it out!! The new lounge concept sounds great!!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The first 1,000 visitors will receive a free Apple T-shirt, the email said, a copy of which was obtained by AppleInsider.

Did they show a picture of the shirt which they obtained? Or is AI just bragging that they have one and I don't...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Did they show a picture of the shirt which they obtained? Or is AI just bragging that they have one and I don't...

I read that as the ?copy? they were referring to is the email regarding the opening of the store.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I read that as the ?copy? they were referring to is the email regarding the opening of the store.

Ahhh. Early morning lapse in reading comprehension.

Thanks for the help!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Ahh I'm so jealous! The closest one to me is not that big
  • Reply 10 of 10
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    What ever happened to the Disney Store being redone.

I seem to remember that Steve Jobs had finally given the Disney Board a suggestion of how to make the Disney Stores a real destination. Of course they did mention that it would wind up costing a cool million per store to get it done right.

At least Apple and/or Steve Jobs is showing them that spending the bucks BUT doing it right will bring in the customers to.