Microsoft Office 2011 License Help Please

dwfdwf
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently purchased what I thought was the two license version of MS Office Home & Business to use on mine and my wife's Mac. After receiving the software I learned that it is meant for only one user with two computers. Further reading indicates that there is some sort of embedded security feature in the software that will not allow two computers with the software installed to run on the same network at the same time. Obviously a problem if my wife and I are working on our home network at the same time. To further complicate the problem I bought the software from macconnection.com and they want a 30% restocking fee to return it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can work around this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Return the software. Pay whatever they tell you to pay. Then buy what you needed in the first place.

You should have done research before purchasing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DWF View Post

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can work around this problem?

One of you can disconnect from the network by turning off wifi. If you need internet access while using Office (e.g. for Outlook) and one machine is wired, you can use internet sharing for wifi and the detection might not work as it's a different IP range.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dwfdwf Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

One of you can disconnect from the network by turning off wifi. If you need internet access while using Office (e.g. for Outlook) and one machine is wired, you can use internet sharing for wifi and the detection might not work as it's a different IP range.

Thank you. I'm not sure that it does in fact disable one of the computer's MS Office if they are on the same network. I only read this at another forum. Can anyone confirm? I may have to suck it up and write it off as a $70 mistake.