Any heat issue on new 13" MBA?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
think I am going to replace my 4 years old 15" Core Duo MBP with the new 13"MBA

Do you guys think the $100 upgrade to faster processor is worth the money?

And this is very important, does it generates lots of heat? My old MBP cooks my thighs.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The processor upgrade isn't worth it. Don't buy it if you need any power whatsoever.

Yes, it's hot. It's a computer. Use it further down your lap so your genitals don't fry.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Devan879 View Post

think I am going to replace my 4 years old 15" Core Duo MBP with the new 13"MBA

Do you guys think the $100 upgrade to faster processor is worth the money?

And this is very important, does it generates lots of heat? My old MBP cooks my thighs.....

the new air does not get hot really, just warm sometimes. if you just browsing the web, it does not even get warm at all. i just got mine and i love it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, it's hot. It's a computer. Use it further down your lap so your genitals don't fry.

I think that the main problem here is not so much the heat released by the computer per se (provided that it is not very close to the genitals) as it is the heat trapped when people use their laptops with the thighs closed. This means that placing a thick book or isolating base under the laptop is of little use if the thighs remain closed.

Crouching might help naturally ventilate the genitals' area. There is a reason why men like sit down with the thighs open; this is what nature dictates.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The processor upgrade isn't worth it. Don't buy it if you need any power whatsoever.

You obviously don't have a current MBA, nor have you experienced using one in your lap...

My 13.3" MBA Ultimate runs cool, and i can assure you that "the boys" are in no danger of frying.

I think that the maxed-out Air, while expensive, represents a good value for the what it is: a premium, ultralight, high-quality notebook.

YMMV, but please use the product before making rediculous comments.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by treynolds View Post

You obviously don't have a current MBA, nor have you experienced using one in your lap...

Interesting.

Quote:

YMMV, but please use the product before making rediculous comments.

Please don't assume I haven't used a product before making ridiculous comments.