Are Americans Really This Dumb?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
[quote]"After buying Mein Kampf's copyright in 1979, the US publisher Houghton Mifflin continued to sell the book. Experts estimated that the publishing house has sold at least 300,000 copies, netting profits worth between 300,000 and 700,000 dollars." <hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.udayton.edu/~race/06internat/hrights/china01.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.udayton.edu/~race/06internat/hrights/china01.htm</a>;

Note: No, I do not think "Americans" are dumb at all, nor do I think they are fascists, as they prove in many ways over and over again.

Note to Someone Obvious: Mein Kampf is a book by Adolf Hitler. If these sales figures do not prove that all Americans are fascists - and dumb - please tell me how using your logic.

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>

<a href="http://www.udayton.edu/~race/06internat/hrights/china01.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.udayton.edu/~race/06internat/hrights/china01.htm</a>;

Note: No, I do not think "Americans" are dumb at all, nor do I think they are fascists, as they prove in many ways over and over again.

Note to Someone Obvious: Mein Kampf is a book by Adolf Hitler. If these sales figures do not prove that all Americans are fascists - and dumb - please tell me how using your logic.

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: Harald ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good post Harald, but as Pflamm said to me,and as reply to him (i have better chance to become a professional golf player rather to make change his mind), you waste your time

But, i admit : sometimes it's good to waste our time
  • Reply 2 of 11
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    T'as raison. Et en plus, c'est SI facile!

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Harald, can you perhaps phrase your argument (if you have one - your "notes" seem to contradict one another) in such a way that the average non-acid-tripping reader might understand it more clearly?

I mean, are we facist pigs or aren't we? I always thought we were imperialist dogs myself.

• Reply 4 of 11
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    We're soul-less corporate imperialist dogs.

Just read the "Are all French.." thread. I guess there are some people bashing Europe here. But I have to say, whether Mein Kampf, L'Effroyable Imposture, or Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm , it's just a book.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    bluejekyllbluejekyll Posts: 103member
    Mein Kompf is a book, written by a mad man who was able to win over Germany's Citizens during a very bad economic climate in that country. There is no reason why this book should not be publish so that people may read it and scrutinize the subject matter in it. Doing this allows people to look into why and how some of these thoughts come about and also gives us a look at how we may be able prevent such thoughts from invading our society.

Freedom of speech is granted to everyone, which includes the bad as much as the good.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    We could be like Europe and outlaw speech the government doesn't like.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs:

<strong>I always thought we were imperialist dogs myself.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm going with this one.

On topic:

I think that Mein Kampf should be required reading for all 8th graders in this country, but I don't think the major media would like it. Once you've seen hard core brainwashing delusions, CNN pales in comparison (they're learning, though).

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: finboy ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 11
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Actualy I would buy one. Not becuase I believe the racist **** that that mad-man spewed into the world. But because its a inner look into the workings of his demeted and paranoid mind. A good way to learn from the lessons of the past, so we can not repeat them in the future.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by scott_h_phd:

<strong>We could be like Europe and outlaw speech the government doesn't like. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hello Scott.

Which European government do you have in mind here?

Europe is made up from sovereign states and republics where a couple of dozen different languages are spoken; I'd love to know which part of Europe has outlawed speech "the government doesn't like."
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Besides, make up your mind, man. 200,000 French people buy some crackpot conspiracy book and the entire nation is "dumb", but when 300,000 Americans buy Mein Kampf it's OK because they're simply exercising their right to read whatever they want?

Explain.

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: Hassan i-Sabbah ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 11
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Harald:

[QB]

In a word, yes.