What happened to frame-by-frame movie replay in iTunes 10?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there, greetings to everyone - my first posting here.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the disappearance of a feature in iTunes.

A feature that went missing in iTunes 10 and did not yet reappear in 10.1.:

I am talking about the way to replay movies frame-by-frame by hitting the arrow key left and right,

or keeping left or right arrow pressed for a slow replay.

Now the right/left arrow bring you directly to the start of the next/previous movie, which is useless for me.

Where has the frame-by-frame replay gone and why was it purged from the list of features?

Or is it just a flag that I have to set manually in Terminal.app.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMightyThor View Post

Hi there, greetings to everyone - my first posting here.

the disappearance of frame-by-frame feature in iTunes.

1. YES i noticed it

2. am IRATE about it.

3. also noticed the simultaneous removal of "screen capture" feature.

I understand the DRM reasons for removing screen capture, HOWEVER the reasons for removing frame by frame are F*CKED. I am a teacher and student of yoga, dance, and martial arts. I've used frame by frame for years to learn moves from movies.

PLEASE someone post the workaround the the new "upgrades" so we can restore this essential feature!!!!

G

www.panyoga.com

www.gregroberts.com

AcroYogi
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Have you tried VLC? It's open-source (aka Donationware), runs on multiple platforms, and has both still and video capture built-in (you have to check Advanced from one of the drop-down menus), as well as frame-rate speed up and slow down (in percentages). I don't know if it does frame-by-frame; the website (search Google) is very detailed and informative, albeit for advanced users with proficiency in pro audio-video. Still, it's an incredible program.

Hope this helps!