Webkits CSS3 for gradients!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The implementation of Apple's CSS3 gradients is terrible. I hate having to use percentages for gradients. I can't believe it's so terrible. I want to be able to target my gradients in the same way I can for Mozilla's FF plus the syntax is simpler and cleaner with Mozilla's FF. I hope Apple will put the emerging standards version of gradient implementation into their browser even if it means a -webkit- in front of it. The current iteration of Webkit's CSS3 gradients SUCKs. </rant>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

The implementation of Apple's CSS3 gradients is terrible. I hate having to use percentages for gradients.

Documentation says it supports points same as FF:

-webkit-gradient(<type>, <point> [, <radius>]?, <point> [, <radius>]? [, <stop>]*)

The type of a gradient is either linear or radial.

A point is a pair of space-separated values. The syntax supports numbers, percentages or the keywords top, bottom, left and right for point values.

-moz-linear-gradient( [<point> || <angle>,]? <stop>, <stop> [, <stop>]* )

Point can be specified as a percentage, in pixels, or using "left", "center", or "right" for horizontal and "top", "center", or "bottom" for vertical positioning.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Documentation says it supports points same as FF:

-webkit-gradient(<type>, <point> [, <radius>]?, <point> [, <radius>]? [, <stop>]*)

The type of a gradient is either linear or radial.

A point is a pair of space-separated values. The syntax supports numbers, percentages or the keywords top, bottom, left and right for point values.

-moz-linear-gradient( [<point> || <angle>,]? <stop>, <stop> [, <stop>]* )

Point can be specified as a percentage, in pixels, or using "left", "center", or "right" for horizontal and "top", "center", or "bottom" for vertical positioning.

Mozilla works fine it's webkits stuff that is not good with this particular item. I can see now why they went with Gekko engine's version of gradient for the official version.