IOS4.2.1 iPad Aware Apps

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I thought that iOS4.2.1 aware apps should carry on where they left off when switched back to, under the OS update. But most non-Apple apps seem to restart e.g Economist, Pulse, Flipboard. This is really disappointing and not what I expected. Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Weir View Post

I thought that iOS4.2.1 aware apps should carry on where they left off when switched back to, under the OS update. But most non-Apple apps seem to restart e.g Economist, Pulse, Flipboard. This is really disappointing and not what I expected. Anyone else noticed this?

Apps that are written for 4.0 do that. iPad apps not yet updated don't. Many iPad apps I personally use do support the new multi-tasking, but not all.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Weir View Post

It depends on the app. Evernote, RageHD, RocketBird, AtomicWeb all support multitasking quite decently. We gotta just give the devs time.

I do like the iPad. Just needs some time for devs to get most apps 4.2.1 ready and for Apple to work out some of the WiFi issues. Also more importantly I need Cydia apps to get updated for 4.2.1 eg. Veency and DisplayOut. Need those fairly urgently for full video mirroring of iPad on projector.

HOLY F*** ME RYAN PETRICH UPDATED DISPLAYOUT ALREADY... Time for some re-Jailbreaking ACTIONEZ