itunes will not let me sync movies and music??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
right my issue is that when i selected my iphone on itunes and checked the "sync movies" box, a message appeared telling me i would have to delete all my music, apps, etc to be able to sync my movies.

does any one no of a fix or work around for this please?

p.s All my movies are in the correct format so they all work on itunes, so i know that isint the issue

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It's not a fix or a work-around that you need.

Syncing movies withOUT deleting the rest is a normal mode of operation.

You are either doing something wrong, or misunderstand what you are doing.

Are you trying to sync movies on the same computer/iTunes account that you set the iPhone up with? (... and just because a movie will play in iTunes, doesn't mean it will play on an iPhone/iPod.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 19steve89 View Post

right my issue is that when i selected my iphone on itunes and checked the "sync movies" box, a message appeared telling me i would have to delete all my music, apps, etc to be able to sync my movies.

does any one no of a fix or work around for this please?

p.s All my movies are in the correct format so they all work on itunes, so i know that isint the issue

thanks in advance

Back up your phone, transfer purchases, tell iTunes to sync movies, rebuild the sync.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    How many movies are you syncing? If your syncing all of your movies you may need all the space your devices has and iTunes is warning you that you will have to remove all other items in order to have enough space.