iPhone SMS interface

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Is Apple doing anything about the horrific SMS interface? It has too much of a 'fun feel', I much prefer how the BlackBerry's interface is - definitely more professional. The iPhone has a retina display, so the option to make the text smaller so more can fit on the screen should be made available. The bubbles also should be replaced with something more professional, they take up too much unessecary room.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Jailbreak and change it. Apple won't.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I know there are plenty of changes you can use in Cydia that will change EVERYTHING on your iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijmac View Post

Is Apple doing anything about the horrific SMS interface? It has too much of a 'fun feel', I much prefer how the BlackBerry's interface is - definitely more professional. The iPhone has a retina display, so the option to make the text smaller so more can fit on the screen should be made available. The bubbles also should be replaced with something more professional, they take up too much unessecary room.

Isn't one of the new features of BB OS 6 threaded SMS to make it more like an iPhone?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    My only annoyance with the SMS is the colors of the bubbles.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShredderClay View Post

My only annoyance with the SMS is the colors of the bubbles.

It does feel like something I see on my kids reading books ;-) However JailBreaking is definitely the way to go to see substantial changes in SMS screen design.

Hi, by the way my name is Danny from the UK. Thought I better introduce myself as its my first post!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    If you are really concerned jailbreaking will give you a ton of options an even things like sending SMS from the lockscreen (BiteSMS I think).