Life Is Cheap

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/12/killed.for.a.dollar.ap/index.html"; target="_blank">Killed for a dollar</a>.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    That's hard to believe :eek:
  • Reply 2 of 27
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    All powerful megatron, lord of the transformers and overseer of the known universe, please make iChurch keep his religion to himself, and if he does not, all powerful megatron, please smite him.

[ 07-13-2002: Message edited by: BR ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 27
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Hey,he has the right to express himself anyway he feels,religious or not,whether you like it or not,and any attempt by you to supress that is a violation of his civil rights,perhaps not by the letter but definitely in spirit.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Rick1138:

<strong>Hey,he has the right to express himself anyway he feels,religious or not,whether you like it or not,and any attempt by you to supress that is a violation of his civil rights,perhaps not by the letter but definitely in spirit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey, I have the right to express myself anyway I feel whether you like it or not, and any attempt by you to supress that is a violation of my civil rights, perhaps not by the letter but definitely in spirit.

• Reply 5 of 27
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by BR:

<strong>Hey, I have the right to express myself anyway I feel whether you like it or not, and any attempt by you to supress that is a violation of my civil rights, perhaps not by the letter but definitely in spirit.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jeez, let it all be... Everyone has their own way of reflecting on horrible situations like these and that's what FellowshipChurch iBook did.

No matter what. That young boy is in a better place now. He couldn't find it here. I don't know where, how, what, or whom...but it's where no one can threaten or hurt him anymore.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Never has groverat's new signature sounded so utterly ****ing foolish and rings so hollow.

Check it out, you'll see...

• Reply 7 of 27
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You're just a chicken little.

I don't see how one murder makes the world a bad place. We've got 3 billion people here.

BR, you are worshipping a false God! There are two gods of transformers!

Megatron is the Lord of the Decepticons

Optimus Prime is the Lord of the Autobots
  • Reply 8 of 27
    One murder DOESN'T make the world a "bad place", 'rat. Jeez.

But one murder under these particular circumstances certainly frustrates and saddens and bothers me.

Nothing "chicken little" about that. Maybe "chicken fed-up" and "chicken worried" or "chicken disbelieving". Or "chicken really bummed about how people conduct themselves".

And this isn't just "one murder". That kid won't be the first (or last) to die so stupidly and unnecessarily.

Maybe someday, if I try really, really hard, I can see the world in such an understanding, open-armed and pragmatic way, and stuff like this will simply roll off my back as easily as it seems to for others.

But don't anybody be holding your breath...

• Reply 9 of 27
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    These things happen; they always have and they always will. The only thing that can be changed is how you look at it.

It's a tragedy that this boy was killed. It's a tragedy that the situation all those people involved were in, especially him, even exists. I can't even imagine having to lead that type of life.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Me either. I mean, a DOLLAR? I mean hell, $50, okay. But...

I'M KIDDING!

Seriously, I'm thankful everyday of how good I have it. I don't live a lifestyle or associate with people that make the possibility of this kind of stuff happening to me probable.

No, when I go it'll be completely random and senseless...perhaps from gang drive-by crossfire four blocks away. WIth any luck, I'll be outside watering my lawn and will get felled by an anonymous bullet fired from a 14-year-old shooting at a rival gang member in the next neighborhood over! Oh joy!

MUCH preferable to hanging out with lowlifes and troublemakers and perpetually being on the cusp of getting whacked for a pack of gum, a video game or the mighty sum of $1.

Sigh...
  • Reply 11 of 27
    This is all Bush's fault.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>Me either. I mean, a DOLLAR? I mean hell, $50, okay. But...

Hey, a dollar will get you twenty minutes of long distance with 10-10-220.

• Reply 13 of 27
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Sorry, but I have to agree with scott on this one.

If Bush would get his head out of his a$$ and start worrying about ordinary peoples lives and ways to get them out of squalor and all this in his own back yard.

How many tax payers $$$ go on building bigger and better ways of annhilating life than trying to protect it and help people survive and maybe live a better quality of life?
  • Reply 14 of 27
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Incredibly tacky, BR.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by MajorMatt:

<strong>Incredibly tacky, BR.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't underestimate the value of a dollar.

This only goes to show that this economic downturn is ending. The dollar is now worth either 90 yen or one life.

• Reply 16 of 27
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    About that Bush comment, you think Al *****n Goron could've gotten us through 9-11 as well as Bush did? I don't.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>About that Bush comment, you think Al *****n Goron could've gotten us through 9-11 as well as Bush did? I don't.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that no matter who the president was, that person would have done fine. Shut up.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by MiMac:

<strong>Sorry, but I have to agree with scott on this one...

Scott was being sarcastic.
  • Reply 19 of 27
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    No, this is sarcasm:

If Clinton was still President, this would never have happened!
  • Reply 20 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by MiMac:

<strong>Sorry, but I have to agree with scott on this one.

If Bush would get his head out of his a$$ and start worrying about ordinary peoples lives and ways to get them out of squalor and all this in his own back yard.

How many tax payers $$$ go on building bigger and better ways of annhilating life than trying to protect it and help people survive and maybe live a better quality of life?</strong><hr></blockquote>

That money spent on keeping our country safe by building that stockpile affords you the opportunity to say such drivel. Ironic, isn't it?