PayPal App + Security Key = Broken Login

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Has anyone else with multiple authentication keys managed to login to the PayPal iPhone app by appending the code from the security key to the end of the password (as it recommends)? Every time I attempt to login using this method, the app returns an error that seems to imply it simply did not register that I appended the code from the security key to the end of my password: "Please add the number on your security key to the end of the password to login."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zyniker View Post

Has anyone else with multiple authentication keys managed to login to the PayPal iPhone app by appending the code from the security key to the end of the password (as it recommends)? Every time I attempt to login using this method, the app returns an error that seems to imply it simply did not register that I appended the code from the security key to the end of my password: "Please add the number on your security key to the end of the password to login."

Same problem for months. Have done a few searches every now and again but no luck in finding a solution. If you come up with the answer please post it. Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJ_m View Post

Same problem for months. Have done a few searches every now and again but no luck in finding a solution. If you come up with the answer please post it. Good luck!

Well, the PIN-based login works...but it seems that, at least for now, the password-based login is a hopeless endeavour.

I tried disabling all of my authentication keys and then re-enabling them with the first one activated being the one I wanted to use, but still no luck. Oddly enough, it worked for about half a day...then stopped working again, inexplicably. I have my cell phone as one of the authentication keys so it's impossible to test if it's simply asking for the code from that authentication key or if it would be unwilling to accept any code from any of my authentication keys.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zyniker View Post

Well, the PIN-based login works...but it seems that, at least for now, the password-based login is a hopeless endeavour.

I tried disabling all of my authentication keys and then re-enabling them with the first one activated being the one I wanted to use, but still no luck. Oddly enough, it worked for about half a day...then stopped working again, inexplicably. I have my cell phone as one of the authentication keys so it's impossible to test if it's simply asking for the code from that authentication key or if it would be unwilling to accept any code from any of my authentication keys.

Dumb question alert.

How do you get a PIN?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJ_m View Post

Dumb question alert.

How do you get a PIN?

Not really a dumb question, PayPal could have made their system for doing this a little more intuitive (something along the lines of a "PIN" section under the Profile portion of the website). Anyway, within your Profile on PayPal's website, there is a section for mobile devices. Once you click the link that takes you to the mobile devices page, there is another link within the text on that page which allows you to create or change your PIN.

PayPal website >> Profile link >> Phones and Mobile Payments link >>"change your PIN" link located within the last sentence of the explanation text on the page.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hexxushexxus Posts: 1member
    Make sure your key is active in Paypal profile.