Restore tracks deleted but kept

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a 5g nano which was full so was deleting tracks from the library and keeping them - in the itunes media file? I now have an ipod classic with loads more space so want to restore the 'deleted' tracks to the library and then load the lot onto my new ipod. Cannot find out how to do this. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Drag and Drop.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erosy666 View Post

This happens to me alot. Well since the only option you have is restoring it then do it.. It only deletes everything from your ipod.. Your itunes is kept safe but if you like recently made a purchase or something on your ipod then that would delete too but thats still in your purchase record so you can get it back for free and restoring it takes like hours..

So much wrong in this reply.

Restoring the tracks to iTunes is a matter of just dropping them back into the program. Either directly or into the 'auto add' folder.

Getting it onto any device is just a matter of a resync.

No restore required.

The OP referred to a nano and a classic, neither one of which allows for purchases on the device. That said, you can NOT redownload any non apps or podcast files for free. If you trash the song or movie you must pay again.

The other, much easier, solution when dealing with small capacity devices is to sync from a playlist and not the library. Then you can pick and choose and keep your master list intact. I for example have an iPhone and a nano. I have a playlist of 'work' songs on the phone and a playlist of 'workout' songs for the nano. I just dump whatever I like into those lists, takeout what I am bored with and so on