Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Happy New Year 2011!

Name one thing you want Apple to do.

Name one thing you want yourself to do.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    30 minutes to go where I am

1. I want Apple to take iPad and do what they never could with the Mac. Shoot for 60 million units in 2011, but define and take charge of this next big thing after the Mac, a computer platform that will outdo anything the Mac has ever done. And, appropriately merge (take over) the Mac in a few years when the time comes.

2. I want for myself, to know where I am going, so that the people that will come with me or be influenced by me know as well.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    1. I want Apple to go to Verizon. It is the only thing that would ever make me sign a cell phone contract again as I'm mostly happy with my current iPhones and plan on Tmobile but would enjoy the better coverage in So Cal and better features enough to put my name to two year contract if Apple did this.

2. I'm either going to complete my first marathon or first Olympic length triathlon or perhaps both. The real issue for me is the swimming for now.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Happy New Year 2011!

Name one thing you want Apple to do.

Name one thing you want yourself to do.

Let Apple start to build their computers in the good old USA and give people jobs once again not in China. Myself I wish I have good health in 2011 and I want to see my country once again after living here for over 41/2 years.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    1. Allow third party development of apps for the Apple TV. Make a 7th Generation iPod Nano in the same form factor as the 6th that uses iOS (and allow development of apps for that). Also give the 7th gen Nano built-in Bluetooth and Nike+, and a retina display.

2. Get myself back down to 165lb by my birthday in Mid-June. Get TESOL certified. Learn Cocoa development and publish an app to the App Store.

That's three things and three things, respectively but priority choices are in bold.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Cheers! Keep em' coming...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Apple: invent a real time machine so I can go back in time and buy as much AAPL as I can

Me: stop reading posts and posting in Political Outsider.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Apple: Break Microsoft's hold on the business market so I can hope to use a good computer at work some time in my life.

Me: IDK. Best my 5K time? Get my papers submitted for publication? Find a new job?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Apple: put my chip in their iPhone

Me: get rich.