How to trnsform a web page into a standalone app ?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I need to transform some web pages into a desktop app, independant from the internet access. How can I do it ? Any idea ?

As a specific example, see that astronomy web application :

http://astro.unl.edu/naap/hr/animations/hr.html

I need to have it as a standalone application on the desktop, fully functional even when the internet access is OFF.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kali View Post

I need to have it as a standalone application on the desktop, fully functional even when the internet access is OFF.

The closest which I can think of is Fluid. But I am sure it needs internet access. You can probably ask the developer to add offline functionality.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

But I am sure it needs internet access

Well, that's the problem. I already tried Fluid, and it adds a lot of useless menus, and needs internet access. It's not what I need.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kali View Post

Well, that's the problem. I already tried Fluid, and it adds a lot of useless menus, and needs internet access. It's not what I need.

I know no other way to do what you do want. I am afraid the only option is to try to contact the developer and see if (s)he is willing to address user requests.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    If you have wget installed, try this

and run the .swf file with flash player. Move the extra blank window out of the way.

This is for the specific example you quoted and it is probably a violation of terms of use of the application. So you are still better off asking the developer for a standalone application.