Verizon iPhone 4 shipments on track for early Feb. 7 delivery

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Customers who were among the first to order a Verizon-compatible iPhone 4 began receiving notifications on Friday that their handset is scheduled for delivery on Monday, Feb. 7.

The deliveries through FedEx suggest that the highly anticipated CDMA variant of Apple's iPhone 4 could arrive as early as next Monday. However, it's also possible that Apple could require that the packages be held until the official launch date of Feb. 10, a tactic the company has used before.

Customers first began to receive word on Thursday, soon after preorders began, that their Verizon iPhone 4 had shipped. But exact details on the shipments, including tracking numbers, were not provided until later.

Those who pounced on iPhone 4 preorders when they first became available at 3 a.m. Thursday lucked out, as both Verizon and Apple were forced to stop taking orders after the handset's initial allotment sold out by 8:10 p.m. The carrier issued a press release on Friday to declare that sales of the iPhone 4 had broken the company's records within the first two hours of availability.

Initial preorders were limited only to existing, qualified Verizon customers. Starting Feb. 9, all qualified customers will be able to order a Verizon iPhone 4 through Apple's online store for delivery or in-store pickup.

Whether or not early bird orders are delivered ahead of time, the Verizon iPhone 4 officially goes on sale at 7 a.m. local time on Feb. 10. It will be available in Apple's U.S. retail stores, as well as more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the country.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?
  • Reply 2 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Haha! I have no idea. But I ordered mine at 2:45AM on Feb. 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping notice...
  • Reply 3 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parker978 View Post

Haha! I have no idea. But I ordered mine at 2:45AM on Feb. 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping notice...

I finally got mine mid-morning today having ordered at 2.45 as well. Also slated for FedEx delivery on the 7th. I know that they're also shipping UPS, which I would guess is dependent upon the region and whatever shipping discounts Verizon gets.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    Quote:

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!

Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Ontario is a town in California, not just a Canadian province.
  • Reply 6 of 50
    yeah right. fedex is going to sit on it until the 10th.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Customers who were among the first to order a Verizon-compatible iPhone 4 began receiving notifications on Friday that their handset is scheduled for delivery on Monday, Feb. 7.

The deliveries through FedEx suggest that the highly anticipated CDMA variant of Apple's iPhone 4 could arrive as early as next Monday. However, it's also possible that Apple could require that the packages be held until the official launch date of Feb. 10, a tactic the company has used before.

Customers first began to receive word on Thursday, soon after preorders began, that their Verizon iPhone 4 had shipped. But exact details on the shipments, including tracking numbers, were not provided until later.

Those who pounced on iPhone 4 preorders when they first became available at 3 a.m. Thursday lucked out, as both Verizon and Apple were forced to stop taking orders after the handset's initial allotment sold out by 8:10 p.m. The carrier issued a press release on Friday to declare that sales of the iPhone 4 had broken the company's records within the first two hours of availability.

Initial preorders were limited only to existing, qualified Verizon customers. Starting Feb. 9, all qualified customers will be able to order a Verizon iPhone 4 through Apple's online store for delivery or in-store pickup.

Whether or not early bird orders are delivered ahead of time, the Verizon iPhone 4 officially goes on sale at 7 a.m. local time on Feb. 10. It will be available in Apple's U.S. retail stores, as well as more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the country.

• Reply 7 of 50
    I actually called Fedex in regard to my shipment to see if I was able to pick it up, if it got to my local Fedex depot. The lady said that the package had a restriction from Verizon, on it. I said "oh?" she continued to say that I couldn't pick it up because it requires a signature from someone at the address it's being sent to. Otherwise, she said it would be there Monday for me....So by the sounds of it, there is nothing that is holding this for the 10th
  • Reply 8 of 50
    Quote:

That's Ontario, California in Los Angeles, where one of Verizon's shipping centers are.
  • Reply 9 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmscaf View Post

I actually called Fedex in regard to my shipment to see if I was able to pick it up, if it got to my local Fedex depot. The lady said that the package had a restriction from Verizon, on it. I said "oh?" she continued to say that I couldn't pick it up because it requires a signature from someone at the address it's being sent to. Otherwise, she said it would be there Monday for me....So by the sounds of it, there is nothing that is holding this for the 10th

If it's being mailed to you, wouldn't that make you able to sign for it? Nice to know they are not holding it till Feb 10th.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

If it's being mailed to you, wouldn't that make you able to sign for it? Nice to know they are not holding it till Feb 10th.

You are correct, however it has to be at that address...why? I have no clue lol.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    Quote:

Funny, that could be my tracking number. My iPhone was shipped from Ontario, California and is scheduled to be dropped off on Monday. I hope they don't hold it. I bet they want people to activate early so there are that many fewer people trying to activate on February 10th.

I just wish they would have shipped it yesterday so I could have it today. I placed my order at 12:02 AM (Pacific) on the 3rd so I doubt ordering it earlier would have changed my shipping date.

Why couldn't they have popped for Saturday delivery? haha
  • Reply 12 of 50
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    You do understand that there is an Ontario California, right?

Quote:

• Reply 13 of 50
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post

You do understand that there is an Ontario California, right?

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada."

But considering I could almost throw a baseball into Ontario, I guess it's not surprising.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada." ...

Yeah, exactly.

My apologies for not knowing that there was an Ontario in California or the postal codes of the various states you guys have down there. I interpreted "CA" to be "Canada."

In my defence, the Canadian Ontario was the first one, is far more well-known, and also the birthplace of the word itself. It never occurred to me that somewhere in sunny California would name itself after cold and snowy Ontario.
  • Reply 15 of 50
    None of it has been right from the get-go. Originally sales began at Midnight (CA) for pre-orders. I was able to order mine 45 min before midnight. I received my FedEx confirmation tracking number at 1am this morning. It's in transit and out for delivery. Expected date is Monday but I think I may get it tomorrow since it says overnight shipping and I only live 4 hrs away from the shipping location. Who knows. Either way...don't rely on what anyone says
  • Reply 16 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffyJosephCA View Post

That's Ontario, California in Los Angeles, where one of Verizon's shipping centers are.

I heard somewhere, that we have to have a "war" with a country before we know where it is in the world. Geography is not a required subject in American schools.

PS. Before anyone jumps all over me...no I'm not advocating invading Canada or California...just a little humor!

Best
  • Reply 17 of 50
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I heard somewhere, that we have to have a "war" with a country before we know where it is in the world. Geography is not a required subject in American schools.

PS. Before anyone jumps all over me...no I'm not advocating invading Canada or California...just a little humor!

Best

Don't forget, that already happened in the movie South Park - we declared war on Canada - funny stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    Everyone receiving order statuses and such. I emailed and got that my order had processed and everything just no shipping confirmation yet. Kinda strange.

I believe though that I should be getting my around Monday as well.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!

Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.

It is Ontario California !...LOL
  • Reply 20 of 50
    ordered at 12:15am Pacific time and got my email saying it had shipped. Mine's coming by UPS before 10:30am Monday.