When is the iPhone5 comming out?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When is the next iPhone comming out? My 3GS contract ends in Oct.

Thanks, Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    As usual...

No one posting dates here knows for sure.

And those who know, won't or can't post.

But since all iPhone models have been introduced in June so far, it is perhaps a good guess to expect the iPhone 5 to be introduced in the June/July time frame.

It will probably have a somewhat re-designed case and NFC capabilities. Some say it might even come with a mini-USB plug.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if even Apple hasn't finalized the exact specs yet.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

As usual...

No one posting dates here knows for sure.

And those who know, won't or can't post.

But since all iPhone models have been introduced in June so far, it is perhaps a good guess to expect the iPhone 5 to be introduced in the June/July time frame.

It will probably have a somewhat re-designed case and NFC capabilities. Some say it might even come with a mini-USB plug.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if even Apple hasn't finalized the exact specs yet.

I got my 3GS iPhone January 2010.

I am hoping that when my contract is up I won't have to wait long for the iPhone 6.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    If it's the same as with the iPhone 4, you will be able to get the next iPhone even if it comes out in June or July for normal contract pricing. For the iPhone 4, people were allowed an upgrade if their contract was up before the end of the year.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Is it plausabile we could see a bigger screen- 4/4.3"?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Is it plausabile we could see a bigger screen- 4/4.3"?

Nope. There's a reason it hasn't changed when Android devices randomly create new resolutions and screen sizes. 3.5" works. 2:3 ratio works. The physical size of the device works.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Thanks for the swift reply. It's a shame that might be the case, although I love my iphone 4 and I think the new notifications im tempted by a few of the newly announced Android phones. SE Arc, Sammy GS2, Moto Atrix, LG Optimus 2X.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Thanks for the swift reply. It's a shame that might be the case, although I love my iphone 4 and I think the new notifications im tempted by a few of the newly announced Android phones. SE Arc, Sammy GS2, Moto Atrix, LG Optimus 2X.

Why? Just because of the larger screen? That makes zero sense.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why? Just because of the larger screen? That makes zero sense.

No not just the bigger screen, well kind of yeah. Would make surfing and watching movies a lot nicer an experience so why not?

But also some are now dual core. Granted Android won't make use of that until honeycomb but still even in honeycomb they plan to hardware accelerate the UI so they will see a big step up then in terms of matching the experience with iphone. I know we can looking forward to a revamped notifications system but I really hope there is more in the pipeline that just that and some smaller models.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

No not just the bigger screen, well kind of yeah. Would make surfing and watching movies a lot nicer an experience so why not?

But also some are now dual core.

How does that dual-core affect battery life? How much better does dual-core make your phone perform? What does it do to the cost of the handset (which you may not pay upfront - but you will in adware or contract price etc...)

Too many manufacturers just put features in for brag value not because they are actually the best overall solution to the problem. I think of my technology in terms of what it allows me to do - capability - not what it says on the spec sheet.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gigoeforet View Post

The iphone 5 will be released in the june 2011. This iphone 5 is supporting 3G as well as 4G technologies are available in it. And contain some new advanced features in it. 1) Near Field Communication (NFC) 2) An Antenna 3) A5 Processor 4) 12 mega pixel camera.

Gee thanks for that. I can confidently state that the iPhone 5 will contain "An Antenna" and "supporting 3G" too.

The rest of your post is speculation.