New Terrorist / Hoax Letters?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's not being picked up by the national news yet but it's still somewhat concerning. In 11 towns on the North Shore of Massachusetts, towns I had to drive through to get to work every day, police stations received letters with white powder in them with a typed letter saying:

[quote]black september<hr></blockquote>

The two towns I used to live in have not received letters, but both towns border other towns that got them.

So far, 3 of the letters have tested negative for anthrax but they are still testing them.

Terrible to say the least.

Edit: This has been ruled a hoax now by the state of MA. But this is somewhat concerning:

[quote]Black September is the name of the Palestinian terrorist group that murdered 11 Israeli athletes and coaches during the 1972 Munich Olympics in an incident that began 20 years ago Thursday. The group was named after a 1970 incident in which four jetliners were blown up in Jordan after the passengers and crew were freed.<hr></blockquote>

A bad hoax and hopefully nothing more.

Edit #2: Scratch that again! One of the towns I used to live and work in DID get a letter! I know people who work for the police! I hope they get these guys, and fast!

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Fran441 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    No one cares.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Well, it would be different if this were likely something other than a bunch of retarded teenagers playing a hoax against "the man"...

But the thing that does concern me is that for the next few weeks we're going to be flooded with a bunch of 9/11 memorial stuff - and so much of it is going to be (I'm sorry to say) ratings-driven crapola IMO. Especially when hoaxes like this go down. The media will milk it, whether it's shameless or not.

We definitely need to remember and pay our respects - but we also need to make sure we don't commercialize it and make it petty like we do so many other tragedies that we see. America is twisted that way....