Getting an iPad 2?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Poll to see trends.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I've had an iPad from day 1 and see no need to upgrade.

Now if only iOS 4.3 will fix the bug introduced in going from 3.2 to 4.2 that reduced the voltage to the USB connector kit.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

I've had an iPad from day 1 and see no need to upgrade.

Now if only iOS 4.3 will fix the bug introduced in going from 3.2 to 4.2 that reduced the voltage to the USB connector kit.

For many people, I would expect them to be quite satisfied with the iPad 1 if they've got it. It's an awesome device.

Some will upgrade for the sake of having the latest and the greatest.

Some will upgrade because of some kind of need (for example: the cameras and iMovie).
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

For many people, I would expect them to be quite satisfied with the iPad 1 if they've got it. It's an awesome device.

Some will upgrade for the sake of having the latest and the greatest.

Some will upgrade because of some kind of need (for example: the cameras and iMovie).

I'm totally satisfied with my original iPad but will buy an ipad2 on Friday anyway.

Double the speed will make the experience even better! I couldn't care less about cameras or iMovie. I just want safari to be faster.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

I'm totally satisfied with my original iPad but will buy an ipad2 on Friday anyway.

Double the speed will make the experience even better! I couldn't care less about cameras or iMovie. I just want safari to be faster.

Cool. I wish we could buy this Friday; they don't go on sale here in Japan for anther two long weeks.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jaazjaaz Posts: 4member
    Considering to buy 16gb with 3g, but confused between black or white.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I really really really want higher resolution, but depending on my budget, I may cave in and get the iPad 2 with the intention of getting an iPad 3 when it comes out. If I do get an iPad 2 and the iPad 3 does have higher resolution, I would never be satisfied. Maybe at that time I can give the 2 to my daughter, like I did with my iPod Touch.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If I do get an iPad 2 and the iPad 3 does have higher resolution, I would never be satisfied.

If the iPad3 comes out in one years time and it does have a retina display, then everybody's going to want one, including me. So, just sell your old iPad and get the new one. That sounds like a good solution to me.