Stuck pixel on brand new MBP

mjimji
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just received my 15" MBP (high res, antiglare)... there's a single pixel, permanently purple pixel in the upper left-hand quadrant of the screen... it's minor, but it's annoying me. Any suggestions? How common are these?

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    I'd take it back - if it's annoying you now it'll really bug you in a week or two ...

Any display can have the dead/stuck pixel issue develop although Apple displays are generally pretty good.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    They are more common on higher resolution screens. Sometimes they clear if you massage the pixel with your finger or flash a quickly changing pattern over it. There are websites with pixel-clearing animations.

Apple may or may not replace the laptop as they apparently allow up to 3 on laptops:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/05/a...alies-accepta/

I'd give it a few days to see if it clears and if not, try to take it back for replacement and make sure to back up your data as they won't migrate it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mjimji Posts: 25member
    Well... I exchanged it for a replacement... which has two dead pixels. I think I'm kind of screwed at this point.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mji View Post

Well... I exchanged it for a replacement... which has two dead pixels. I think I'm kind of screwed at this point.

Go get a refund then buy it from Best Buy with an accidental policy. Then if it happens with in 2 years you're covered.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mji View Post

If you were able to exchange it the first time, exchange it again then. Good luck.