iPad 2 won't sell out online. Here's why

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
They are sending iPad 2 directly from China factory.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    It depends what you mean by "sell out". They can't ship iPads faster than they can make them and if the demand is high, which it most certainly is, then it can be backed up for weeks and months.

Also, it's no secret that it ships directly from China. That's the case with many Apple products.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    vb23vb23 Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It depends what you mean by "sell out". They can't ship iPads faster than they can make them and if the demand is high, which it most certainly is, then it can be backed up for weeks and months.

Also, it's no secret that it ships directly from China. That's the case with many Apple products.

this is how they shipped the launch iphone 4s as well.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Oops just found this is already a widely known fact. I thought they at least should have some central logistics center in US to do the distribution.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mysimov View Post

Oops just found this is already a widely known fact. I thought they at least should have some central logistics center in US to do the distribution.

I'd guess Apple and their Logistics partners, like Fed-Ex, have done an extensive amount of work on this subject and determined that the current mothods chosen are the most efficient at the time.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Didn't it sell out within the first few hours of being offered online?