iPad 2 March 11th online orders

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
What is the track record for those of us that ordered the iPad 2 on March 11th within the 5-7 day window. Has anyone received shipment notification? I have not. Thank you!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    I'm waiting for my shipping date as well. I ordered around 7:30am EST and to date have received nothing other than the acknowledgment.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I ordered on the 11th as well. My order shows a "Ships" date and "Delivers" date. These are your guideline for when it should ship and arrive at its destination. Apple has a general reputation for under-promising and over-delivering (in my experience). GIven that, you probably won't get another notification until it actually ships (but you *will* receive that notification).

For what it's worth, mine is slated to ship April 1st and deliver on the 8th.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suttonscowl View Post

What is the track record for those of us that ordered the iPad 2 on March 11th within the 5-7 day window. Has anyone received shipment notification? I have not. Thank you!

I ordered on the 11th at 12:45 AM pacific; received my Smart Cover on the 15th, 32G White AT&T shipped and is now sitting in Lantau.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by downunderguy View Post

I ordered on the 11th at 12:45 AM pacific; received my Smart Cover on the 15th, 32G White AT&T shipped and is now sitting in Lantau.

Ordered mine at 8:49am pst time. Says that ship on April 1st and deliver by April 6th. Hope it is sooner than later!!!
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Ordered mine at 4:09 EST, and it's been sitting in Hong Kong for 60 hours now

Really annoyed!
  • Reply 6 of 22
    72 hours and still sitting in Lantau Island.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Likely stuff will not move again until Monday.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    What does Fedex say the expected delivery date will be? Mine went from March 21st to the 22nd. As of this morning it is in TX so I'm assuming it will be delivered by Monday.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbie75 View Post

• Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nauticax88 View Post

What does Fedex say the expected delivery date will be? Mine went from March 21st to the 22nd. As of this morning it is in TX so I'm assuming it will be delivered by Monday.

It says March 22nd.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Then it most likely will be delivered by then. Sometimes the Fedex site is a little slow in updating the status.

You might want to check the tracking on Yahoo. I found it was more up to date.

Quote:

Quote:

It says March 22nd.

• Reply 11 of 22
    My new status is prepared for shipping. I'm thinking it won't arrive until next Tuesday. I'm okay with that.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Gotta say as annoyed as I was that it sat in Hong Kong for 72+ hours, it went from there on Saturday to being delivered this afternoon. Amazing how quick it goes.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    Quote:

Gotta say as annoyed as I was that it sat in Hong Kong for 72+ hours, it went from there on Saturday to being delivered this afternoon. Amazing how quick it goes.

I can only hope that the Fedex tracking system is all screwed up after the earthquake. Ordered at 1:00 AM on the dot, but my CC company flagged it as a suspicious transaction and I didn't correct it until 9:00 AM. Mine still says it is sitting in HK, and i am flying out on a 2 week business trip tonight. Hoping it arrives today so I can carry it with me.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Hong Kong is a fun place to visit. If I were your iPad I'd take a few days to catch the sights and hang out too.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    I ordered at 4am EST when it sayd ships in 3-5 days. Mine is sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for me to come home from work.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Hong Kong is a fun place to visit. If I were your iPad I'd take a few days to catch the sights and hang out too.

Mine is still in HK, almost 72 hours now.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    I have a scheduled delivery date of 3/25.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    I ordered at 3:10am CDT on March 11 and was told 3 to 5 business days. Received shipping confirmation on March 15 with an expected delivery date of 3-22-11. IPad was delivered to my local Fed EX on the 18th and was delivered to my home yesterday, March 21st. I was very pleased with the speed of the entire transaction and delivery. I am now syncing photos and music from my computer.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Mine cleared Anchorage last night is is on the truck for delivery! Right on time!
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Mine is in Alaska. I expected a long delay in Hong Kong.