OSX 10th anniversary today?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
A Dutch tech site says that exactly ten years ago today OSX Cheetah was announced, but I don't see any of the Apple fan sites commemorating this.

What gives?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeph View Post

A Dutch tech site says that exactly ten years ago today OSX Cheetah was announced, but I don't see any of the Apple fan sites commemorating this.

What gives?

There's a story at Mac Rumors about this: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/24/...ten-years-old/

I decided to use this to open iMovie for the second time ever, and make a little "Happy B-Day" movie for OSX. It's totally lame and needs a LOT of work. But at least I had some fun poking around iMovie, and learned a little bit, even though "rough" would be the absolute best thing you could say about this!

If you're brave, here it is: http://gallery.me.com/aej17#100015

• Reply 2 of 5
    zephzeph Posts: 133member
    Did you post it upside down and mirrored on purpose?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeph View Post

What gives?

The launch of OSX also marked Apple's departure from agreeable business mores and the start of it's lock-in/lock-out strategy, emulating Micro$oft's business practices.

Not something to celebrate.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post

The launch of OSX also marked Apple's departure of agreeable business mores and the start of it's lock-in/lock-out strategy, emulating Micro$oft's business practices.

Not something to celebrate.

Okay.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    quillzquillz Posts: 209member
    10.0 wasn't worth celebrating. Nor was 10.1.

Mac OS X wasn't even really usable until Jaguar, at which point it began to improve exponentially.