Samsung caught presenting actors as Galaxy Tab "consumers," fudging thinnest tablet claims

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 188
    muncywebmuncyweb Posts: 157member
    I assume all these folks went through similar training before coming on stage, but this is ridiculous. I could swear that these people watched an Apple keynote event just before they did their presentation.

STAGE looks like Apple.

PRODUCT looks like Apple.

PEOPLE look and sound like Apple.

The unoriginality of these companies makes me sick. To heck with pride in our services and products. Let us bow to the almighty Federal Reserve Note.
  • Reply 182 of 188
    This is bad even by infomercial standards.
  • Reply 183 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MuncyWeb View Post

I assume all these folks went through similar training before coming on stage, but this is ridiculous. I could swear that these people watched an Apple keynote event just before they did their presentation.

STAGE looks like Apple.

PRODUCT looks like Apple.

PEOPLE look and sound like Apple.

The unoriginality of these companies makes me sick. To heck with pride in our services and products. Let us bow to the almighty Federal Reserve Note.

All they were missing was the mock turtleneck and jeans ensemble. Oh, and functional products.
  • Reply 184 of 188
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 700member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

I read somewhere, an interview with a woman at Apple in charge of product placement. She said that Apple only lets "good guys" use their products, i.e. you won't have a Bond villain using a Mac to blow up the world.

Just watch "24" - especially the first couple of series.
  • Reply 185 of 188
    hunabkuhunabku Posts: 55member
    Samung - flummox much?
  • Reply 186 of 188
    tipttipt Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

I doubt I am missing the point. Part of the hysteria is that Samsung is an Apple competitor. Anyone who cannot see through the deception "deserves" to be deceived because (s)he is not using his/her mind.

Just like quite a few posters here starting with the premise and perspectives of some of articles here as if it were already established fact, and running away with it in their speculations and calling everyone who disagree a troll.

As to degrees of deception, they are still deceptions. Even Apple/Steve Jobs is not immune to doing that.

Can you be really be certain that they do not have one? Apple announced the "white iPhone" also but it is almost a year now. Sure we have faith on Apple/Steve Jobs but until it comes out, isn't it also a non-existent product. It is no different than Samsung pulling out its 10-inch tablet upon seeing what Apple iPad2 was.

Didn't Steve Jobs also prevacated, calling the AppleTV a "hobby"? How is it different from the Samsung spokesperson "choosing" his own words, "smooth" to hide the not so stellar sales of the Tab?

I will let the oversight agencies decide whether any laws were violated. And, as to legality of actions, "bribery" has been legalized in the US through our political campaign laws -- and the US Supreme Court ot only sanctioned that but even removed efforts by both sides to limit the rampant "buy your poliician" (more heinous than ads deception), all in the name of "free speech". And here we are Americans so smug in decrying more blatant bribery in other countries.

There are far far greater crimes or unethical things done by politicians, governments, institutions and people than the issue we are so impassioned about here.

CGC

An ad using actors is clearly different in this case where you have the Samsung guy actually say on stage that these are "true-life stories", if they were not actually so. That is misleading and lying. I don't understand people who fail to see this distinction.
  • Reply 187 of 188
    I wonder if it's REAL people that aren't buy samsung 3D tvs also?

Shame on you Samsung.
  • Reply 188 of 188
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted