Apple USB wall charger

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My Apple wall charger with the USB connection has an output of 5V and 1 amp---can I use the

came connection to charge my Samsung mobile hotspot? It's charger is 5V and .7amps?

Both have USB connections to the charger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    What are you charging your wall for? Is it a mobile wall?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

My Apple wall charger with the USB connection has an output of 5V and 1 amp---can I use the

came connection to charge my Samsung mobile hotspot? It's charger is 5V and .7amps?

Both have USB connections to the charger.

The Apple 10w and 5w USB chargers can be used with any iPod, iPhone and iPad. I wouldn't use it with the Samsung though, it might get damaged.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ahrubikahrubik Posts: 80member
    USB is a standard interface. As long as the voltage matches and you're not drawing more Amps than the unit produces you should be fine.

I charge my HTC EVO using my Nook wall charger all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 4

You should be able to charge anything that can be charged via USB through any USB wall charger, providing the charger puts out the correct amount of volts (I'm not sure, but I think all USB chargers put out 5 volts, you'll have to check that yourself) for the device and is capable of supplying enough amps. USB is a standardised connection and just because Apple's wall charger is intended to be used for charging Apple products, it can still charge any USB chargeable devices through it, providing what you want to charge uses the same number of volts for charging as the USB charger, and the device draws under the maximum current draw limit of the charge,r you're fine. Apple would not be allowed to call it a USB charger if it used some different kind of connection or power type to other USB products. As your Samsung uses 5 volts for charging and draws under the Apple charger's limit, you are fine to use it and no harm will come to your phone. Hope this helps! image