"Enjoy Every Sandwich"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Last week Warren Zevon was on the Letterman show. I missed it. But at least there's a clip <a href="http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/dave_tv/ls_dtv_big_show_highlights.shtml"; target="_blank">here</a> on the Late Show's website of Dave interviewing Warren.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I was there at the show. Really amazing.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Excuse my ignorance but who is this fellow and what (apparently) happened to him after the show? I don't really keep abreast on celebrity news....
  • Reply 3 of 7
    He's a singer/songwriter. He's dying of cancer.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I thought this was going to be a spoof of Fellowship's "Enjoy Every Day" threads in FC...

Hmm, that's too bad.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs:

<strong>Excuse my ignorance but who is this fellow and what (apparently) happened to him after the show? I don't really keep abreast on celebrity news....</strong><hr></blockquote>

he wrote and sang "Werewolves of London". a wonderful song.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Ahhh. I know the tune well. That's too bad about his health condition. I assume by the tone of the thread he is "terminal" (little or no chance of recovery)?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Warren Zevon has been given weeks to live by the accounts I've read. He has Stage 4 lung cancer which has metastasized, so there's NO chance of recovery.

He's been a stalwart colleague of Letterman's show, covering for Paul whenever he had outside commitments. Dave is an inveterate smartass, and Warren's laid-back, gruff demeanor seemed to appeal to Letterman.

Oddly enough, I was AT a Trader Vic's last night. The place was full of people looking for werewolves. My hair was PERFECT.

Tourists, ha!

D