New AI main page layout seems out of place and links to empty articles

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hello,

as of today www.appleinsider.com looks like this for me in the latest Safari and Opera versions:
Articles look like this:
Is that a design change?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Same problem over here :-(

Safari 5.0.4 and FireFox 4
  • Reply 2 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    No problems. Safari 5.1.

You sure you don't just have a CSS modifier on or an incredibly restrictive ad blocker?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    spinnerlysspinnerlys Posts: 218member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No problems. Safari 5.1.

You sure you don't just have a CSS modifier on or an incredibly restrictive ad blocker?

I only use ClickToFlash as plugin.

Strangely I could view the full article and the front page normally on my iMac at home, but with my MBP at work I have this problem. Maybe it is a server/router side issue.

I just thought it would be an effect of the downtime of the forum yesterday.

It isn't really important anyway, I can still read the articles from work if I click on the comments link.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No problems. Safari 5.1.

I have no extension loaded. It happens only for two days...

If I take a look at the source of the page, all text is there, but apparently it's not shown...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    same here but also on the iPad with safari. on the desktop pc (win 7) with safari same thing, empty page.

all is fine with firefox on win7.

thanks in advance !
  • Reply 6 of 10
    spinnerlysspinnerlys Posts: 218member
    It also happens on my home iMac, on which it worked yesterday. Though it seems to be not a problem for many, as not many have complained about, but this board is having not much traffic anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I'm having exactly the same problem. For example this worked exactly once in FF4 (reloading broke it), zero times in Chrome, Safari, NetNewsWire, Camino. I do have ClickToFlash installed, but it (naturally) doesn't work with FF, Camino and Chrome.

Reseting each browser helped, but only once - after reloading the page it again appeared semi-blank.

Very annoying.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    petvaspetvas Posts: 11member
    I have this issue on my iPad. This started a couple of days ago. Before that the site worked ok.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    The problem is still going on. Do the admins or mods even read this section of the board?

I try the "Contact Us" option now.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    There seems to be an error in the markup of the articles!

All articles show blank with just the heading and the author and the FIRST ADVERTISMENT.

If i use firebug i see that the WHOLE ARTICLE TEXT is moved inside the "advertisment-DIV" and therefore gets invisible to the normal user!

I think a bug that can be easily corrected.

greetings from germany