College Basketball 2002

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, the season's started and I'm looking forward to what 3 frosh can do for the UNC tradition. Nothing would be a disappointment after last season for my heels, so it's going to be a fun year. Let's get some smack talkin', trash talkin' going in here so that we can have a real AI NCAA tourney bracket for 2003. Who are your team(s)? Who's gonna win it all?

I'll start:

my team: UNC with a bullet

who's gonna win? hehe.... UNC of course....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    people care about basketball in texas...?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    How about them Heels! Felton, Mccants and May looked terrific. It's great to see an athletic Carolina team again. If things go well we just might make the NCAA tournament.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Arizona BaBy!
  • Reply 4 of 18
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    There is good basketball in Texas, it's just not at A&M. What sport is Aggy good at?

Texas teams for the '01-'02 NCAA Hoops season:

Texas Technical: 23-8 (10-6) (NCAA Tourney)

THE University: 20-11 (10-6) (NCAA Tourney)

Houston: 18-14 (9-7) (NIT Tourney)

Baylor: 14-16 (4-12)

Rice: 10-19 (5-13)

UTEP: 10-22 (3-15)

Aggy: 9-22 (3-13)

Ouch.

As far as predictions, I am expecting my Longhorns to make it to the Elite 8, anything past that will be gravy. I'll be proud as hell if we make it to the Sweet 16 again.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    UNC looks a lot better than last year. That's not saying a whole lot, but those 3 freshman should make them fun to watch.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    I am a big fan of Penn State myself. Go Nittany Lions.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>UNC looks a lot better than last year. That's not saying a whole lot, but those 3 freshman should make them fun to watch.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's exactly what I was thinking. They've not been a fun team to watch in recent years (since carter and jamison left). I think that maybe some of that is back now. It was really fun to watch a FAST team for a change. It'll make the games interesting if nothing else.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

That's exactly what I was thinking. They've not been a fun team to watch in recent years (since carter and jamison left). I think that maybe some of that is back now. It was really fun to watch a FAST team for a change. It'll make the games interesting if nothing else.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup. The classic Carolina teams were fast and athletic. Lots of trapping defense causing turnovers leading to fast breaks.

Stackhouse and Wallace. Rick Fox and George Lynch. Jordan and Worthy.

The trapping defense of the 93 National Championship team was a beauty to behold.

They'd tried to trap early last year and a few years ago, but just didn't have the athleticism or experience. To run it well really need both.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Ah, what a satisfying win. Down 11, bad officiating, experience all against them. Still they came back and won it by 4. My Heels are looking promising. If not this year, next. We'll see how they do against a real team in Kansas next week in the next round of the NIT.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Didn't look very impressive, but they're already at 1/4th of last year's win total. Things are definitely looking up.

I'm betting Kansas will stomp them into oblivion (or Bolivian for you Mike Tyson fans) but we'll see. We shall see indeed.

I LOVE watching college hoops.

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Didn't look very impressive, but they're already at 1/4th of last year's win total. Things are definitely looking up.

I'm betting Kansas will stomp them into oblivion (or Bolivian for you Mike Tyson fans) but we'll see. We shall see indeed.

I LOVE watching college hoops.

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: groverat ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Woo hoo! Go heels! Kansas looked like crap tonight, but my heels had something to do with that. 4 and 0 baby...
  • Reply 12 of 18
    After this extremely disappointing UO football season, it's time to start getting excited about the Ducks' basketball team!
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Reppin Cincinnati Bearcats fo sho.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    4-0 so far for my Longhorns as well.

NC having a very nice run so far, Kansas did play like dogballs but there was definitely a reason for it.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    I wish my school had a basketball team.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Ouch. Last night was rough. I'm glad I could only listen to it and not have to see it. We'll see how the heels handle this crushing... Texas is looking good right now, but I still can't stand Barnes.

And Cincy? Hahaha. That's a choke club if I ever saw one. Have fun in March when you're a high seed and knocked out in the second round. Hey, at least they always score me an upset in my tourney bracket
  • Reply 17 of 18
    #2 in the nation, baby.

HOOK 'EM!
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Texas is overrated. Not saying they aren't good, but they are overrated. If that #2 ranking sticks, it will come back to haunt them in March.