Android fans accuse Apple of copying Samsung first

Comments

• Reply 101 of 304
    jacksonsjacksons Posts: 244member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I'm curious, did TV manufacturers sue each other for all using a giant screen that displayed images with a power, channel and volume buttons along the bottom?

I mean, we're talking about a phone, how many frickin' forms factor can you possible make? Of Course they are going to start looking alike...

Wait until Apple releases a TV... then watch the lawsuit on look and feel fly... Panasonic, watch out
  • Reply 102 of 304
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Honestly, it doesn't matter. If Apple is suing on trade dress grounds, the Prada is irrelevant even if that design resemble's Apples. Trade dress is based on 1) a shipping product (which the Prada is not), and 2) who the public associates a design with (e.g. if the public thinks of the iPhone when it sees a particular design made by somebody else, that infringes on Apple's trademark). If Apple is suing on a design patent, if Apple holds a patent on the overall design on the iPhone, the party Apple is suing has the burden of proving the patent isn't valid. As shown in the Microsoft case before the Supreme Court right now, the burden is very high to overturn a validly issued patent. If Apple is suing on a copyright theory, both Prada and Apple could hold copyrights in the exact same design provided both created each design independently without being aware of the others design. Samsung wouldn't be able to prove that as it altered its GUI dramatically to emulate Apple's.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post

This image shows that those factors are not unique to the iphone. (you can see something similar on the Prada, which even DED said came first).

• Reply 103 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You should be banned from this site for your constant harassment and rampant antiforumina.

You are right. I should stick to real web sites that feature all sorts of balanced people at arstechnica, who also call DED a trolling dumbass.

Don't you have someone else to reply to right now anyhow?

You never used to be like that, acting like annonymouse or jragosta. It's quite fun rebutting their arguments from their small minds.
  • Reply 104 of 304
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:

I quoted it earlier. First he says that he agrees with the TouchWiz copying but then he switches to "Three points of apple's lawsuit claim to obfuscate the more relevvant points of the case and then states ?Those three things are present here, a phone announced (and shown) in December of 2006? when the phone present ?here? was introduced the month after the iPhone. It?s the LG Prada that was announced in December 2006.

This is your problem: You fail at understanding context.

Things written by the same person, even in the same thread, can be about different things.

I NEVER said that the design clauses were the only things, I never said (or implied) that they were the main parts of the lawsuit. I said that they were PART of the lawsuit, AFTER I already said Apple had a strong case when it came to touchwiz:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...9&postcount=31

(The Full post that soli misquoted from, for those of you that actually care)

I don't know how clear I can make it for you, because obviously bone-dead simple isn't clear enough.

And your quote, that he's asking you to prove, is this:

Quote:

1) The Samsung F700 was shown in February 2007, AFTER the iPhone was shown. Whydo you keep denying this in regards to the Apple v Samsung case?

And again, I've NEVER said that I thought the F700 was announced before the iphone. What you quoted from me earlier (which was just a fragment of the post I wrote) doesn't have me defending the image. Why? Because I NEVER HAVE.

So again, SHOW me where I said otherwise.
  • Reply 105 of 304
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Did Menno deny that The Samsung F700 was shown in February 2007, AFTER the iPhone was shown? YES/NO (Correct answer is NO)

?...a phone announced (and shown) in December of 2006:?

Are you trying to find a post where he specifically says it was shown before 2007 yet somehow not shown again until March 2007 skipping February 2007 completely? That?s an asinine request.
  • Reply 106 of 304
    Quote:

Oh my.

Where is the proof of the way it looked in 2006?

How does this save Samsung from any other part of the suit?

How did you come to the conclusion that the iPhone was rushed to beat the Samsung F700 to a “demo off”?

Where is the proof of the F700 being released before the iPhone in June 2007?

Because Samsung has been making phones before Apple even got into phone dumbass..

Yeah..I'm sure that Samsung waited to see Iphone and then in a month slapped together F700 and showed that..

Are you freakin' kidding me. F700 was their flagship product.. they've worked on that for a LONG time before the release..

Only Apple idiots can believe that a company that never made a phone before was copied by someone who was actually in that field previously..

Samsung wasn't even COMPETING with iPhone.. they were competing with LG Prada which was shown in 2006.. So F700 was supposed to be the answer to that phone..

Ah, the logic of Apple fanboys.. always mind-blowing..

Face it.. Apple steals EVERYTHING.. there isn't a single product in the history of the company that wasn't stolen. Starting with MacOS where concept and how it worked was stolen from Xerox.

Was it polished and made from higher quality materials? possibly.. but Apple steals crap..

So when you are trying to accuse that someone stole something from you but you stole every concept from the same company in part or as a whole.... you are nothing but a miserable little whining bitch and a hypocrite.
  • Reply 107 of 304
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Samsung is going to pay dearly, not only in losing the lawsuit and having their phones yanked, but they will eventually lose Apple's business where third parties will pick up the slack.

This will eventually cost Samsung an easy $5 - $10 Billion in lossed revenue from Apple, per year.
  • Reply 108 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AndroidDomination View Post

LOL..Apple fanboys and PR shills are strong at it..

First of all.. Samsung F700 was mentioned and announced in second half of 2006. The phone was already designed and developed as it was Samsung's flagship product and has been in R&D for a while before iPhone was revealed..

So to say that just because F700 was shown a month after iPhone proves nothing but that Apple and Steve Jobs rushed iPhone announcement out to make sure it was shown before F700 because it looked very similar in designed.. More polished but similar. F700 was released before iPhone in the non-US and non-European markets and then came to Europe in November again close or before iPhone.

Now, let's address how Apple does these things and gets away with it..

Well it's easy.. Steve Jobs has this perfected from the Xerox days.. he goes and "partners" with companies like Samsung, Motorola and others and asks them to make a phone to connect to iTunes so Apple ecosystem will work with them (aka ROKR).. in this partnership, just like he did with Xerox and Creative Labs prior to the rip of design and technology behind original iPod, he gets access/gets shown to the latest designs and ideas of the products to be released by these companies in a good will that the companies will work together..

He then, goes back to his office and has his army of slaves who he yells at and molests to make him a super high polished version/copy of the same product but with a bit of an Apple gloss.

Naturally, he can afford doing that because he basically stole the whole concept and R&D time and money that some of these companies invested and just stole ideas. This allows him to really considerably cut down on the time it takes to release a product.

This is standard operating procedure for Apple.. Steve Jobs is master at it and he has been doing forever.. and he doesn't really hide it... he admits it himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

But then again.. this is not the first thing they stole.. whole new line up of Apple's design is stolen from Dieter Rams. Almost every piece of modern Apple design is a straight rip from Dieter's concepts.

http://gizmodo.com/#!343641/1960s-br...-apples-future

Here's a tip Apple shillboys.. when you are trying to accuse someone of stealing ideas.. make sure that you are not the worst rip off artists in the room.

What are we talking about here.. Steve Jobs is a criminal.. he has been sued for stock fraud for Christ sake... He's not only a thief in design sense but in a traditional sense as well.

Please you act like the people that work for Apple hate Steve. Just the opposite, they in fact admire him and yes fear him too at times, but this comes with managing people. I take it you would not understand this. It is a fact that Apple has the BEST RETENTION rate of any company in Silicone Valley while under Steve. Also watch the movie Objectify. Dieter Rams was on there and he CLEARLY says only one company today takes "good design seriously" and that is Apple. And his ideas of design is a philosophy not a patented idea!!
  • Reply 109 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dueces View Post

This is funny since ios is a blatant rip-off of Palm OS which has been the same since the 90's>

Perhaps you should google "Apple Newton"
  • Reply 110 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Samsung is going to pay dearly, not only in losing the lawsuit and having their phones yanked, but they will eventually lose Apple's business where third parties will pick up the slack.

This will eventually cost Samsung an easy $5 - $10 Billion in lossed revenue from Apple, per year.

LOL at Apple will hold their pee-pees and diddle around their desks because there's no other manufacturer that has the capacity to meet this demand... not to mention that 80% of iPhones parts and patents in it are Samsung's..

The only one who can pay here is Apple..
  • Reply 111 of 304
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:

?...a phone announced (and shown) in December of 2006:?

Are you trying to find a post where he specifically says it was shown before 2007 yet somehow not shown again until March 2007 skipping February 2007 completely? That?s an asinine request.

If you look at the ARTICLE I LINKED it was for an ENTIRELY different phone.

Sometimes it helps to.. you know, click on something before assuming you know what it's about.

Here, I'll link it for you again: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_f500-1806.php

Notice how it says F500 in the URL? That's your first hint.
  • Reply 112 of 304
    Quote:

Because Samsung has been making phones before Apple even got into phone dumbass..

Yeah..I'm sure that Samsung waited to see Iphone and then in a month slapped together F700 and showed that..

Are you freakin' kidding me. F700 was their flagship product.. they've worked on that for a LONG time before the release..

Only Apple idiots can believe that a company that never made a phone before was copied by someone who was actually in that field previously..

Samsung wasn't even COMPETING with iPhone.. they were competing with LG Prada which was shown in 2006.. So F700 was supposed to be the answer to that phone..

Ah, the logic of Apple fanboys.. always mind-blowing..

Face it.. Apple steals EVERYTHING.. there isn't a single product in the history of the company that wasn't stolen. Starting with MacOS where concept and how it worked was stolen from Xerox.

Was it polished and made from higher quality materials? possibly.. but Apple steals crap..

So when you are trying to accuse that someone stole something from you but you stole every concept from the same company in part or as a whole.... you are nothing but a miserable little whining bitch and a hypocrite.

Samsung has been making phones before Apple so that means Apple stole from Samsung per the article? Computer says no.

No one thinks the Samsung F700 copied the iPhone. The claim is that Apple copied the F700 and that the F700 was introduced before the iPhone. Computer says no.

Flagship so that means Apple copied the F700. Again I ask where is your proof. Computer says no.

So the iPhone UI demoed in 2007 hasn?t changed much, yet the Samsung UI has kept evolving to look and feel more like iOS. How exactly did Apple copy Samsung from the future?

Again, the claim here is that Apple copied Samsung. Where is your proof? Computer says no.

PS: Dumbass? Apple Idiots? Apple fanboys? Good luck?
  • Reply 113 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

Please you act like the people that work for Apple hate Steve. Just the opposite, they in fact admire him and yes fear him too at times, but this comes with managing people. I take it you would not understand this. It is a fact that Apple had the BEST RETENTION rate of any company in Silicone Valley while under Steve. Also watch the movie Objectify. Dieter Rams was on there and he CLEARLY says only one company today takes "good design seriously" and that is Apple.

For the most part people working at Apple are scared shitless from being fired or worse.. they work insane hours (like a sweatshop).. talk to people who left Apple and you'll understand maybe instead of talking out of your ass.

Apple does take good design seriously.. who says they don't? But they steal it. That's the point.. They see best things that someone else thinks of and they steal it.

Braun products on the left, Apple on the right

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

iPod UI and functionality stolen from Creative

http://www.macnews.com/content/apple...elated-lawsuit

and naturally iPhone ideas were stolen from Prada and Samsung F700.. even if there's no proof it's blatantly obvious.

Apple certainly didn't invent stacked icons on the screen with the main 4 icons on the bottom either..they stole that too..
  • Reply 114 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprockkets View Post

Yeah right. Prove it. When DED mentioned google was trying to "silence him" was he trolling for page hits or just talking about how it sucks to be in an accident and out for a few weeks?

Why don't you ask who Prince McLean is the next time you see him?

I think the first time I knew about a bike accident was when you mentioned that alleged conspiracy theory here. Frankly, I trust your interpretation of whatever DED wrote about as much as 3 bullets in Dealey Plaza. But you wouldn't know about that.

Also, i'm pretty sure you were my source on 'Prince' being outed here. I find Prince's writings eminently charming and reasonable, well researched and true. But, you're not familiar with those concepts.

However, another poster here had a point a few posts back.

Vitriolic attacks on the writers here is frowned upon by me too. Frankly, if I were pulling the pixels, you'd not have a forum here.

But I never advocate against free speech. Except in the case of private entities enforcing their own rulz. Which I would, in your case.

Why don't you hang over at AndroidCentral and extoll that kludge while denigrating Brand X.
  • Reply 115 of 304
    [greg][greg] Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jon T View Post

Please tell me it's true I can also block these crazy nutters who attack DED every article that goes up...

I don't see where or how to block him though?!

heh -- go into your account, "edit ignore list" on the left. it's wonderful already -- every time i see a minimized block where sprock posted, i get a warm fuzzy feeling.
  • Reply 116 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post

If you look at the ARTICLE I LINKED it was for an ENTIRELY different phone.

Sometimes it helps to.. you know, click on something before assuming you know what it's about.

Here, I'll link it for you again: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_f500-1806.php

Notice how it says F500 in the URL? That's your first hint.

Just to be clear, you think that could be confused with the iPhone or are you trying to draw some weird conclusion that anything beveled and/or chrome edge means that Apple has no case?
  • Reply 117 of 304
    Quote:

For the most part people working at Apple are scared shitless from being fired or worse.. they work insane hours (like a sweatshop).. talk to people who left Apple and you'll understand maybe instead of talking out of your ass.

Apple does take good design seriously.. who says they don't? But they steal it. That's the point.. They see best things that someone else thinks of and they steal it.

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

Read the book The Steve Jobs Way: iLeadership for the nest generation ass. Jay Elliot worked along side of Steve for many years. Get a feel of a man who worked with Steve first hand and knew the people who did. Also why did the people at NeXT stay with Steve when clearly NeXT was not going to be a big company? These people follow a leader who has a devotion to a product on a concept and stay with it to the end. It is ironic or maybe "luck" if we listen to you that Steve knows how to find "good talent" over and over again. Just look at the people who have left Apple to start there own companies under Steve's leadership! Yes I think highly of the man, but I also think highly of Henry Ford and Walt Disney! Steve Jobs WILL go down, if not already, in history as one of the elite entrepreneurs. Hands Down!!! So take your hate and GTFO Appleinsider!!
  • Reply 118 of 304
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Nice images - thanks for the post - and shows a significant style influence (that Ive readily admits), but to be fair it should be noted that the pairs of products are actually completely different devices:

Radio / computer

Radio / iPod

Radio / computer

Speaker / computer

Quote:

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

Stolen

iPod UI and functionality stole from Creative

http://www.macnews.com/content/apple...elated-lawsuit

• Reply 119 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPad2go View Post

I think the first time I knew about a bike accident was when you mentioned that alleged conspiracy theory here. Frankly, I trust your interpretation of whatever DED wrote about as much as 3 bullets in Dealey Plaza. But you wouldn't know about that.

Uh, it's right there on his blog for you to see. I don't need to make shit up.

Since you can't be assed to google it yourself:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2009/1...l-eran-dilger/

He's so predictable. First he posts 10 page articles on why Android isn't free and why it will become the WinMob of phones, to the current state where he posts about hating the android, the logo and anything google. The rate at which this happens is directly proportional to android's market share/popularity.

Quote:

Also, i'm pretty sure you were my source on 'Prince' being outed here. I find Prince's writings eminently charming and reasonable, well researched and true. But, you're not familiar with those concepts.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Stop posting shit and answer the question.

Quote:

Vitriolic attacks on the writers here is frowned upon by me too. Frankly, if I were pulling the pixels, you'd not have a forum here.

But I never advocate against free speech. Except in the case of private entities enforcing their own rulz. Which I would, in your case.

Why don't you hang over at AndroidCentral and extoll that kludge while denigrating Brand X.

Hey Android central doesn't troll for apple fanboi's! There aren't any apple articles! But you couldn't be assed to check that site out for 1 minute to come to that conclusion!
  • Reply 120 of 304
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Nice images - thanks for the post - and shows a significant style influence (that Ive readily admits), but to be fair it should be noted that the pairs of products are actually completely different devices:

TV / computer

Radio / iPod

Radio / computer

Speaker / computer

And aren?t they all from the 1960s. Can you call it stealing are non-competing products that are separated by nearly a half a decade and no longer on the market or could be confused with the current products?