European iPhone in the US

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm a French student who's going to study one year in the US beginning September.

I also have an iPhone 4, which I want to use during my stay. Of course I have legally unlocked it (thank to French law).

My question is: Can I choose a different carrier than AT&T? (I know my phone isn't compatible with Verizon)

I know pretty much nothing about US carriers, which one is the best, the cheapest etc.

What would be the cheapest subscription with data and without buying any phone?

For information I'm was paying 47? (68$ what a number in $!!) before and now 15? (22$) thanks to Virgin Mobile and a huge sale.

Thanks for helping,

Tom

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by perfect_gentleman View Post

I would love to help out but your spelling is so appalling

It's a lot better than your judgement, bro!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EpicTroll View Post

What are you studying?

How to break rules by having multiple accounts on the same website, apparently.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by perfect_gentleman View Post

I would love to help out but your spelling is so appalling that i cant seem to dedicate myself to helping you, I am truly sorry, good luck on finding a carrier.

HE'S. FRENCH. For the record, he only has ONE word wrong ('thanks to French law instead of 'thank to French law').

Your post has absolutely no reason for existing. As a "gentleman", you should be ashamed.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If you're still looking for an answer, ATT and T-Mobile are the only GSM carriers in the U.S.

Both have websites that advertise their various rate plans.