iPad 2 case recommendation?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I just ordered a Zaggmate keyboard for the iPad 2, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a case or good carrying solution that will conveniently hold both? I travel a good bit, and would love to keep both from getting badly scratched. When possible, I like to buy based on recommendations!

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post

I just ordered a Zaggmate keyboard for the iPad 2, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a case or good carrying solution that will conveniently hold both? I travel a good bit, and would love to keep both from getting badly scratched. When possible, I like to buy based on recommendations!

A sleeve might be the answer. Anyone had any luck?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:

A sleeve might be the answer. Anyone had any luck?

How about something affordable with leather or a hard shell case? I just rec'd mi iPad 2 yesterday, and I ordered a Otterbox and a Mivizu.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    alienzedalienzed Posts: 393member
    Quote:

You can always put a clear film over the back... i bet the case itself won't need too much protection..
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeGriffith View Post

How about something affordable with leather or a hard shell case? I just rec'd mi iPad 2 yesterday, and I ordered a Otterbox and a Mivizu.

Thanks, mate. Do you think either of those will fit over the Zaggmate AND the iPad?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

You can always put a clear film over the back... i bet the case itself won't need too much protection..

Thanks, mate. I was thinking more for ease of carrying (planes and such) and a small amount of protection. Your idea may be the best.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Only one caveat. They made me buy a Tunewear case for HK$399. They wouldn't sell it to me without buying the Tunewear case. It's a nice case, but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have to.

After using the iPad in my lap with the Bluetooth Keyboard, I've developed an appreciation for the Tunewear Case!

I also bought the Smart Cover today (leather, tan). I will buy a clear plastic snap-on cover for the back. The Smart Cover looks fantastic, but I can see that it's quite a lot of money to pay for such little function.

The trick to buying the leather cover is to understand that the grain is different for every piece. It's nice to go to a place where you can choose between a handful of them and pick the one that you like.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    If you are looking for a sleeve type for ipad 2, I would look into SGP illuzion sleeve series.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    I have my iPad 2 in a gelaskin along with the Apple smart cover. I have a neoprene sleeve which I keep the iPad in and I also have a Timbuk2 freestyle bag which has a pocket for the iPad / or netbook and a large main compartment with organiser.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I just picked up the HARMONY iPad2 case by Evio and I'm pretty pleased with it. Its a folio style case and has the "smart cover" functionality. Here's a link to their site: http://www.evioconcepts.com/harmony.html
  • Reply 10 of 12
    If you were wondering which is the latest and coolest iPad case, you don't need to look too far. There have been several designers already trying to create cases which exemplify the term geek-chic. The Apple iPad has inspired designers to create the iMaxi, which is a cool quilted cotton sleeve. Designer Hiphandmaids conceived the idea of an iMaxi based on personal hygiene napkins. If you have an iPad, and would like to protect it from motherboard leaks and other ?accidents? you could go and get yourself this iMaxi. It just makes me think what people might think when you open your iPad. That you had been keeping your iPad in your sanitary pad? I am sure not many people would want to touch your gadgets or even you for that matter! If you do not mind a few giggles and a few disgusted looks, you could go ahead and get yourself the iMaxi.

http://www.zerostylus.com/
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I think you can add one back film to protect your iphone 4.

Quote:

I just ordered a Zaggmate keyboard for the iPad 2 keyboard, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a case or good carrying solution that will conveniently hold both? I travel a good bit, and would love to keep both from getting badly scratched. When possible, I like to buy based on recommendations!

• Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post

I just picked up the HARMONY iPad2 case by Evio and I'm pretty pleased with it. Its a folio style case and has the "smart cover" functionality. Here's a link to their site: http://www.evioconcepts.com/harmony.html

Oh same here, I've recently got one too. This case is really good as it protects the front & back of the ipad with good material, only for $39.99. I really love this case!!