Apple posts iPhoto 9.1.2, Mac OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard Font Update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple has posted two Software Updates: one fixing bugs and adding new card themes to iPhoto, and a second that solves a problem with OpenType fonts in Mac OS X 10.6.7.

iPhoto 9.1.2

The update for iPhoto '11 adds new card themes and improves overall stability while addressing a number of other minor issues, including, according to Apple's release notes:

Addresses an issue that prevented the Zoom slider from being accessible in Magnify (1-Up) view

Fixes an issue where Toolbars were not auto-hiding in Full Screen view

Search field now correctly performs an "includes" search when searching by text string

Fixes minor formatting issues with book, card and calendar themes

Message Size of emails now correctly updates when changes are made using the Photo Size menu

Addresses an issue that prevented some iPhoto 5 libraries from upgrading correctly

Multiple book pages can now be drag-selected when in All Pages view

Design tools in print project panels are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons

Photo backgrounds applied to a book are now preserved when book type is changed

Tab key can now be used to navigate through all text fields in a book project

Snow Leopard Font Update

A second update addresses "issues displaying and printing certain OpenType fonts and is recommended for all Mac OS X v10.6.7 users."

Apple notes that the update includes fixes that:

Address an issue in which some OpenType fonts don't display correctly in certain applications

Resolve issues printing from Preview

Address an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications

Resolve invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I found a fix for the Font issue the morning they post an official fix. Good to see I was correct on my fix though.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jerseymacjerseymac Posts: 408member
    Get all that software just right for the new iMac's on Tuesday!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,945member
    New themes for photo cards? How about bringing back iCards--it was a feature that I used quite regularly and it couldn't have been much trouble for Apple to maintain.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Come on Apple. iPhoto '11 has been a joke from the initial installation.

My events are all totaled since last night's upgrade to 9.1.2. Some event names showing up 10s of times over in iTunes where I'm selecting what Events I want synced to my iPhone. (Some of) My Smart Albums based upon Event names no longer find photos...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Any idea if they fixed the creation of new albums, where it populates it with ALL of your photos even if no photo was selected when you create the album?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Still there is no propper fullscreen Mode in which Photos can Be watched without border and user Interface. Also it is Not possible to See two or more Photos on the screen in fullscreen without the user Interface. I am VERY disapointed!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    pslicepslice Posts: 149member
    MBP 13"..... Update for the Snow Leopard font went okay, but the software update didn't mention anything about the iPhoto update. My current version is 9.1. iPhoto itself says there is an update and tells you to go to "Software Update".... Software update, though does not find the update for iPhoto. Can't figure this one out.