Firefox 4 - Wow.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just upgraded from FF 3.x.x (the latest one) to FF 4.0.1, and the difference in performance is astounding. Absolutely screaming. Safari isn't anywhere near as fast as this.

The only thing I've noticed Safari still has an edge over Firefox in terms of performance is Flash applications (I haven't tested video, and don't really care to).

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I'll go for compliance over "speed" anytime. I still prefer Safari.

Though I've been using Safari 5.1 for a while now, so it's difficult to judge it against Firefox.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I like Firefox 4. However there are still one or two bugs hanging around from the Beta that they still haven't fixed, so I still use Safari. Yes, Firefox 4 is fast, but my Internet connection is not so stellar that I notice the difference compared to the latest official Safari release.

4.0.1 is out? Thanks for letting me know... Upgrading now, hopefully more bugs have been banished.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I like Firefox 4. However there are still one or two bugs hanging around from the Beta that they still haven't fixed, so I still use Safari. Yes, Firefox 4 is fast, but my Internet connection is not so stellar that I notice the difference compared to the latest official Safari release.

4.0.1 is out? Thanks for letting me know... Upgrading now, hopefully more bugs have been banished.

Compared to 3.x yes it is fast, but the betas were pretty stable so I've been using 4 for a while. Safari is still fast but only Firefox has the the best extensions/add-ons for the serious surfer!

Adblock Plus

NoScript

BetterPrivacy (deletes Flash cookies)