MobileMe

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've used Apple's MobileMe for several years now and depended on the service entirely for my email linking my art business. Tuesday (May 2, 2011) I logged in as usually. The window by default opens to the user's inbox. The window said LOADING MAIL. It will not let you log out. I had to contact Apple support and was stepped through to logging out by opening another window and typing in www.mobileme.com/calendar and then logging out. Apple support did not fix the problem and told me to wait two days and try it again. Two days have pasted and it still reads LOADING MAIL. It's been two days and I can not get to any of my business email. I'm desperate for a solution. Anyone have any suggestions, I would be most appreciative. I'll print future business correspondence using a gmail or hotmail account and will discontinue my MobileMe account when it comes up for renewal. I'm desperate to find a solution if you guys know of anything. Apple support wasn't helpful at all. If I can't get any results from Apple I will resort to getting attorneys involved. This is costing me in today poor economic climate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hey sorry to hear about your issue, I know how awesome mobile be is and how much it sux when it doesn't work. Have you tried to login from another browser (Safari, IE if on a PC)? also have you attempted to setup you mail on your mac with your mobile me account?

On a side note if you are still havering issue and looking to change from mobile me I have been using Gmail + Google sync. Its free and has the same features as mobile me, its a little harder to setup but works great and like everything with Google its FREE :P
  • Reply 2 of 2
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RepairZoom View Post

Hey sorry to hear about your issue, I know how awesome mobile be is and how much it sux when it doesn't work. Have you tried to login from another browser (Safari, IE if on a PC)? also have you attempted to setup you mail on your mac with your mobile me account?

On a side note if you are still havering issue and looking to change from mobile me I have been using Gmail + Google sync. Its free and has the same features as mobile me, its a little harder to setup but works great and like everything with Google its FREE :P

I agree with RZ.

The lesson here is – again: never keep your data in just one place!

Have your emails automatically forwarded (=copied) to a another, 'spare' email account as soon as they come in.

I use Apple Mail, my ISP's webmail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail! to 'backup' each other.