Who would buy a black iBook?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I love the current design of the iBook.

I even love the white minimalist look.

But it would be great if there was a black 14" one with a G4 processor?(I know there was a site of someone who painted theirs).

Call it a special edition if you will.

I doubt it but perhaps if the demand is there....Steve, you listening?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    I would buy a 12.1" ibook with a g4 with black casing.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    How about if you want a black laptop with a 14" screen you find a Pismo? Better yet, why doesn't Apple put the 14" iBook into the Pismo's case?
  • Reply 3 of 22
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>How about if you want a black laptop with a 14" screen you find a Pismo? Better yet, why doesn't Apple put the 14" iBook into the Pismo's case?</strong><hr></blockquote>

would make sense no?

Apple should go back to offering colors. but not many. maybe white, midnight blue, titanium, etc..

I want a graphite iMac
  • Reply 4 of 22
    The Pismo case would be nice if they modified it slightly and made it look a little cleaner. It looks streamlined as it is, but if they removed some of the weird edges and smoothed some stuff out it would look awesome. Heck, even a white Pismo case would look cool.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    IMO, the 14" iBook needs some streamlining. Trim it down, add some more features. For its size it should have modular bays and better speakers.

And 1024 x 768 on a 14" screen is a joke when comparing it to the much nicer 12" iBook. 1400 x 1050 please.

I'd rather some better features before Apple splurges on new colors.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    wanna see a steel Pismo:

WTF happened here... did they buy the moulds or ... :eek:
  • Reply 7 of 22
    just have a look here:

<a href="http://www.jrhillandcompany.com/miniti/gallery.html"; target="_blank">http://www.jrhillandcompany.com/miniti/gallery.html</a>;

Very cool I thought :cool:
  • Reply 7 of 22
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    This is ofcourse a new portable from our freinds at DELL ...
  • Reply 9 of 22
    dell is really nipping at apples heels with designs.

Have you seen that one that is near identical to the ibook, further more their (banner)ad for it is similar to the iBooks. whats next? dell releases a computer with four handles and a hinge to get into the guts? calling it the generation dell desktop
  • Reply 10 of 22
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I would buy any colors of Ibook if it's rock.

I have a black powerbook : nothing to say against his design. I was never disapointed by the design of any laptop from Apple.

At least i find that the design of the performa 6400 was ugly.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>I would buy any colors of Ibook if it's rock.

I have a black powerbook : nothing to say against his design. I was never disapointed by the design of any laptop from Apple.

At least i find that the design of the performa 6400 was ugly.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did u ever see the 3400 or the original PB G3? They were ugly and heavy.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by discstickers:

<strong>

Did u ever see the 3400 or the original PB G3? They were ugly and heavy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You are right , this product where designed before the return of Steve Jobs. I am ready to bet that we won't see for a long period an ugly Apple product.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    I use a Pismo 500 every day at school...and the thing seems a joke compared to a 12" iBook and the PBG4. if you wanted to make a black iBook...I would say go with the same design as the iBook, make it thinner, and make the plastics less shiny.

There are many things wrong with the Pismo casing...its fat, doesnt fit in with apples current designs, keyboard is horrible, trackpad/button spaced way too far apart...its hard to make that design thin.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

would make sense no?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why wouldn't it make sense?
  • Reply 15 of 22
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Spart,

What do you mean a Pismo a Joke :confused:

I still use mine every day in school and travel the world with it besides. It has never failed me from Australia to Edinburgh to Tokyo to little unnameable villages in nowhere.

What I wanted in a G4 PoweBook was something equally portable and flexible so one could have DVD, Zip250 (or SuperDisk when in Japan) and the like. Of course now with combo drives, these are less of a problem.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    The early (not original) PB G3s were bleeding heavy.

IMO, the best thing they could do with the iBook is make it a bit easier to grip - they're slippery b*ggers.

Black's not the right way to go though - anyone can make a black computer...
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite....

Keep iBooks cheap and rugged!

graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite, graphite!
  • Reply 18 of 22
    How about a black iBook with a red, glowing Apple on it's cover? That would be so bad-ass!

I think Apple should offer the iBook in different colors, but I guess it makes managing inventory much easier with only one color. Although if they made each model a different color, it wouldn't add any more complexity to inventory management.

I suppose the problem with colors is that they might offend some people, and then Apple loses a sale. It seems like colors would never actually make a sale, but they could kill a sale. Safer to have no colors in a bad economy.

But still, wouldn't it be awesome if the iBook and the new iMac came in different colors? The new iMac would look sweet if you could get it in black, indigo, dark red, forest green, etc. I'd buy a colored one for sure.

How about a flower powered Powermac case? That would rule!

Introducing the new Powermac G5, in flower power and flame black (a black case with hot-rod flames on the sides). One design for each gender!
  • Reply 19 of 22
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>How about a black iBook with a red, glowing Apple on it's cover? That would be so bad-ass!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

And a demonic cackle as its startup sound.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>

And a demonic cackle as its startup sound. </strong><hr></blockquote>

And the Superdrive really does burn DVDs... muahahahahaaaaaa...

Put my name down for a black iBook.