Woz gives Mitnick new TiBook.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Woz is so cool!

"Woz ... presented Mitnick with a brand-new Titanium PowerBook as a parole graduation <a href="http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,57338,00.html"; target="_blank">present</a>.

Screed

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: sCreeD ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Wow I didn't get *bleep* on my Parole
  • Reply 2 of 36
    That is pretty cool.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 4 of 36
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    lol, funny stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    That is pretty damn cool.

Woz is still a loser, but a pretty cool one.

• Reply 6 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have a hard time feeling sorry for Mitnick. He did hack into other people systems and **** around with them. Woz's powerbook could have been better used. Mitnick's book may make him rich so why give him a freaking powerbook?
  • Reply 7 of 36
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yeah I don't think that's particularly cool. It's like giving a convicted rapist a ski mask to celebrate when he gets out.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    its because of people like him that we can learn so much about computers, he was a pioneer in the computing field of knowledge.

he didn't **** around with systems, he went into them for a search for knowledge, something i guess you don't have
  • Reply 9 of 36
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>

he didn't **** around with systems, he went into them for a search for knowledge, something i guess you don't have</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personal Attack: 5 yards or half the distance to the goal-line!
  • Reply 10 of 36
    scott, no offense, but you should start reading up to the story. <a href="http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,56187,00.html"; target="_blank">start</a>
  • Reply 10 of 36
    You're [not being logical]. He hacked into private systems and then installed hacker tools to hack into more private systems. It's a private system. He has no right to hack into it for any reason. Only an idiot would think he does.

I might think that his jail time was too much or that the government singled him out for an example. But for the most part ****ing with other people's computers is wrong.

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Scott ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 36
    ups.. sorry scott. (I should learn to read properly)

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>

no need to get rude, scott.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry. Calls it like is sees it.
  • Reply 14 of 36
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>Yeah I don't think that's particularly cool. It's like giving a convicted rapist a ski mask to celebrate when he gets out.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not quite the same, but I understand the sentiment. Either way, it gives other aspiring l33t h4Xors another reason to get a mac.

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 36
    Scott didn't get rude, ast3r3x did. Please don't make me lock this thread.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    EDIT: already covered

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

<strong>...You're an idiot...</strong><hr></blockquote>

now come on, mine was only a vague personal attack

i guess i just don't mind him doing things like that because of what it means to me. i'm not sure if you have a firm understanding on how hard it is to do things like that, and the talent he had. those systems were just stepping stones to what he wanted, he was able to exploit them to get to his final target which is amazingly hard. i understand he doesn't have the right to be in them but if he isn't causing harm i don't see why its any reason to get pissed about.

i am just in aw by his hacking and social engineeing skills, it must have been amazing
  • Reply 18 of 36
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    He'll fire up that TiBook and go "what the hell, the internet is still this slow??!"

Then he'll log on in an internet cafe, using their Compaq with a Pentium III.... and see how fast the internet really is.

• Reply 19 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>Scott didn't get rude, ast3r3x did. Please don't make me lock this thread.</strong><hr></blockquote>

sorry, i don't understand how i was considered to be rude, i just said that kevin was on a quest to learn things that wasn't as easy as reading a book, and he did what he had to, and that scott wouldn't do that

...also i didn't call anyone an idiot

...ALSO please don't close this thread
  • Reply 20 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>He'll fire up that TiBook and go "what the hell, the internet is still this slow??!"

Then he'll log on in an internet cafe, using their Compaq with a Pentium III.... and see how fast the internet really is.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

nah rememberhe is used to dialup (prolly 28.8kbps in his laptop)...so he will think the internet is fast...even on a mac

shouldn't this be in general discussion anyways?

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>