Can someone else step down for Anthony Weiner?

brbr
Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited January 2014
Assuming what he did is even worthy of resignation--with which I still disagree, but regardless--could someone else step down and accept punishment for Weiner's impropriety? Would that be acceptable?
«1345

Comments

  • noahjnoahj Posts: 4,500member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Assuming what he did is even worthy of resignation--with which I still disagree, but regardless--could someone else step down and accept punishment for Weiner's impropriety? Would that be acceptable?



    Is he really that important?
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Sure. I pick Obama.



  • e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,056member
    Hackers just got all of congresses email, I don't think that they need to be throwing stones in those glass houses - every single bit of dirty laundry is about to be aired.
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post


    Hackers just got all of congresses email, I don't think that they need to be throwing stones in those glass houses - every single bit of dirty laundry is about to be aired.



    And all the major news agencies have gotten some great practice sorting through and analyzing the Palin emails!



    At least that's what they're saying, as apparently they need to make it look like it wasn't the total, complete, and utter waste of time it was.



    I don't expect to hear much, if anything, from the mainstream media. Just look at their pathetic coverage of the Wikileaks releases.
  • noahjnoahj Posts: 4,500member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post


    Sure. I pick Obama.







    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...d96b489512.cd1



    Obama says Weiner should go.
  • floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Assuming what he did is even worthy of resignation--with which I still disagree, but regardless--could someone else step down and accept punishment for Weiner's impropriety? Would that be acceptable?



    Fabricating a story to cover up your sexting of a young woman isn't enough? Calling in every major media outlet and reiterating that pure fabrication is no biggie?



    It's really not about the conduct but the cover up.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post


    It's really not about the conduct but the cover up.



    It's about both. Here's a married man who, presumably, took an oath of marriage to a woman and then fairly promptly broke that oath. Why would anyone assume he's good for his oath of office. Of course the lying only makes it worse. But it's about both.
  • sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post


    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...d96b489512.cd1



    Obama says Weiner should go.



    Why don't the pair of them just disappear? Like, somewhere overseas?



  • e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,056member
  • tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    It's about both. Here's a married man who, presumably, took an oath of marriage to a woman and then fairly promptly broke that oath.



    Really? I haven't seen that reported anywhere. Or are you making unfounded assumptions?
  • floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    It's about both. Here's a married man who, presumably, took an oath of marriage to a woman and then fairly promptly broke that oath. Why would anyone assume he's good for his oath of office. Of course the lying only makes it worse. But it's about both.



    True enough. Do we really want members of congress txting their cock around?





    Don't worry democrats ... what you really care about is the vote in congress ... it wont change sides.
  • tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post


    True enough. Do we really want members of congress txting their cock around?





    Don't worry democrats ... what you really care about is the vote in congress ... it wont change sides.



    The second part about MJ's post is true (about the lying) but the first part is speculation, and definitely not "true enough". It shows a complete ignorance about what people do within their own definition of marriage. Who knows... maybe it was Mrs. Wiener posting the pics using her husband's account. Or maybe they posted it together. The fact is, you can't judge him for that. You can judge him for the knee-jerk defensiveness, however.



    The difference with Republicans who get caught with their pants down is the hypocrisy. We don't see Wiener going around and saying how evil sex messaging is.
  • marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Assuming what he did is even worthy of resignation--with which I still disagree, but regardless--could someone else step down and accept punishment for Weiner's impropriety? Would that be acceptable?



    Why would another person be foolish enough to take Weiners punishment.Let him resign and be man enough to do it for himself not someone else take the fall.
  • marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post


    Why don't the pair of them just disappear? Like, somewhere overseas?







    want don't the GOP Party disappear for good overseas also.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    Really? I haven't seen that reported anywhere. Or are you making unfounded assumptions?



    I'd call it an educated guess. I assume that when he married his wife he took an oath. It's not uncommon. Granted, it is possible that he might have taken an oath that promised fidelity and faithfulness but included an option for sexting other women.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    The difference with Republicans who get caught with their pants down is the hypocrisy. We don't see Wiener going around and saying how evil sex messaging is.



    Interesting. But he's not coming out now saying how proud he is of doing this. How there's really nothing wrong with it. How he and his wife did this for fun. How this is just fine for them but it might not be for someone else. It looks to me like he knows this conduct is wrong but he did it anyway. Sounds a bit like hypocrisy to me.



    To cop a phrase:



    Liberalism: putting the rose colored glasses on immorality for decades.



  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,205member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post


    Sure. I pick Obama.







    Second! All in favor.....





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Assuming what he did is even worthy of resignation--with which I still disagree, but regardless--could someone else step down and accept punishment for Weiner's impropriety? Would that be acceptable?



    Perhaps you could explain that? This notion that lying about sex or related issues doesn't matter is bogus, especially in light of what he did. He didn't just tell a lie...he engaged in a pattern of reckless, immoral behavior. Then he got caught. Then he conducted a premeditated Campaign of Lies, holding interviews in his office and lying to reporters, former girlfriends, friends, associates and everyone on the planet. The questions are:



    1. How can anyone ever trust anything he says again?



    2. Isn't he embarrassed enough to resign?



    3. Where is the moral outrage? He sent pictures of his junk to women who were not his wife and had cybersex with them. Is this right? Does anyone care?



    4. Don't you question his judgement? See #3. Would you say a member of Congress--a public office--who sends pictures of his junk over freaking SOCIAL NETWORKING sites has good judgement? Who could be so stupid in today's world? Wouldn't you question my judgement as a teacher if I put up pictures of myself on Facebook that were highly inappropriate? Of course you would.



    5.Since there appear to be even more women and girls under 18 involved (at least one), doesn't that put him in a compromising position? Going back to #1...what if he really DID have sex with some of these women. What if the woman or women in question try to extort political favors out of him to keep that quiet? What if his political enemies contact those women and get them to do the same...or even threaten to release more details?



    Now I know what you're going to say: SDW, you have no proof of that! This is, at least, what I think you and certain other posters (cough...tonton!) will argue. Well you're absolutely correct. But this also goes back to point #1...how we can believe anything the man says? His word is clearly crap. He's already shown a willingness to lie to avoid embarrassment. How can be sure a this member of the U.S. House of Representatives isn't compromised professionally?





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    The second part about MJ's post is true (about the lying) but the first part is speculation, and definitely not "true enough". It shows a complete ignorance about what people do within their own definition of marriage. Who knows... maybe it was Mrs. Wiener posting the pics using her husband's account. Or maybe they posted it together. The fact is, you can't judge him for that. You can judge him for the knee-jerk defensiveness, however.



    You have to be kidding me. By that logic, it's possible their definition of marriage allowed Bill Clinton to the be the father of their child. Hmmm?



    Quote:



    The difference with Republicans who get caught with their pants down is the hypocrisy. We don't see Wiener going around and saying how evil sex messaging is.



    As I've stated, this is a clever thing Democrats have done. They take no moral stand, so when they get caught failing, they aren't hypocrites. Kudos!
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,271member
    Anthony Weiner can NEVER resign and the picture posted by E# shows exactly why. He takes the entire Democratic party and turns them into a reality television show mixed with South Park!



    Obama Beats Weiner!!! Obama is already going to be recorded as a failure of a president. Why not give all the future college kids something to snicker about while they are paying off our 40% larger national debt in just three years!
  • tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    I'd call it an educated guess. I assume that when he married his wife he took an oath. It's not uncommon. Granted, it is possible that he might have taken an oath that promised fidelity and faithfulness but included an option for sexting other women.



    It's not the oath that matters, actually. It's the definition of 'faithfulness', silly. No provision needs to be made for sexting if the couple's understood definition of cheating doesn't include it.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,205member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    It's not the oath that matters, actually. It's the definition of 'faithfulness', silly. No provision needs to be made for sexting if the couple's understood definition of cheating doesn't include it.



    I don't know about others, but I really don't care what their marriage allowed. He's a still a public servant who's judgement was so bad, he used social networking to send pictures of his dong. Then he lied about it. A lot. This is one pathological liar that demonstrates amazing stupidity.
Sign In or Register to comment.