The Animatrix

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...whoa nelly!!!

<a href="http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/animatrix_site_episode1.html"; target="_blank">The Animetrix - The Second Renaissance Part - 1</a>

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: /mandolux/ ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Cool, but there's a building ordinance in DC that no building may be taller than the Capital, and I don,t think there will be enough population in DC to justify the huge buildings.

Anyway, fun to watch.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    I think that video is a bit disturbing, and now I've changed my mind: I want the machines to win. After the humans tried to screw them the way they did, no wonder the machines took over the world; humans would have done the same if they were being oppressed like that.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    It was a bit disturbing. Very graphic but was cool in telling the story.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Reality:

<strong>It was a bit disturbing. Very graphic but was cool in telling the story.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't understand their angle, though. That first part of Animatrix made the humans out to be the bad guys; what could possibly happen next to make the audience sympathize with the humans again?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong>

I don't understand their angle, though. That first part of Animatrix made the humans out to be the bad guys; what could possibly happen next to make the audience sympathize with the humans again?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know, I think that maybe it had something to do with the machines enslaving the entire human race against their will and using them as batteries; harvesting them for energy.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>

I don't know, I think that maybe it had something to do with the machines enslaving the entire human race against their will and using them as batteries; harvesting them for energy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I understand that. But the way the humans treated the machines, don't you think they deserve it? Instead of living in peace, the humans rejected the machines and were destroying them every chance they had. Even though they were machines, who's to say, at that point, they hadn't become sentient? The destructions of the machines was genocide, so the machines did what any race would do on the brink of destruction: it fought back.

Again, given that, I still can't bring myself to feel bad for the humans enslavement; they asked for it. In a way, I wish the Watchowski brothers just left the backstory alone. I found it easier to cheer for the humans when I thought they were innocent of all this.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    What about in the movie when Morpheus was showing Neo what the world is like ouside the Matrix he said something like he doesn't know who struck first but he knows it was us who scurcthed they sky. Ok so that doesn't say much but it's a nice side note.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    fricking wierd.

sorry.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    ...I guess there aren't that many fans of Anime here at AI. I think this preview of things to come is nothing more than amazing - especially when you see the influences of Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop, Aeon Flex, FF, Princess Mononoke, and Ghost in the Shell in the other <a href="http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/anime_trailer_qt2.html"; target="_blank">trailer</a>.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Very cool /mx/, thanks for the turn on.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by 709:

<strong>Very cool /mx/, thanks for the turn on.</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 12 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by /mandolux/:

<strong>...especially when you see the influences of Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop, Aeon Flex, FF, Princess Mononoke, and Ghost in the Shell in the other <a href="http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/anime_trailer_qt2.html"; target="_blank">trailer</a>.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That might have something to do with the fact that the driectors of the segments have been involved with a lot of the titles you mention.

<a href="http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0328832#directors"; target="_blank">List of Directors</a>

OT: Here is to hoping that Spirited Away wins the Oscar for Animated Feature.

[edit: fixed URL]

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: The Milkman ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by The Milkman:

<strong>

That might have something to do with the fact that the driectors of the segments have been involved with a lot of the titles you mention.

<a href="http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0328832#directors"; target="_blank">List of Directors</a>

OT: Here is to hoping that Spirited Away wins the Oscar for Animated Feature.

[edit: fixed URL]

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: The Milkman ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

True.

About Spirited Away, it's the one film I haven't seen - hopefully this Oscar nomination will bring it back to threaters.
  • Reply 14 of 16

...new trailer!!!

I can't believe I'm more excited about the DVD than the movies.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...new trailer!!!

I can't believe I'm more excited about the DVD than the movies.

Really cool stuff!

Fellows
  • Reply 16 of 16
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    if you can't wait for the June DVD

two complete episodes are free for download here

up to 128Mb downloads in various formats and resolutions

sweet