in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello.

i made glass pad

i'm korean

sorry. i can't well english..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    It looks really nice! You did well. I have a question, though. How can the mouse work at all?

Apple mice have trouble when they are used on glass and when they are used on white surfaces.

You have included both here, so I would think the mouse would have trouble. How did you overcome that?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It looks really nice! You did well. I have a question, though. How can the mouse work at all?

Apple mice have trouble when they are used on glass and when they are used on white surfaces.

You have included both here, so I would think the mouse would have trouble. How did you overcome that?

Special machining on the glass surface

(use google translate..)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Market it!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Market it!

Without the Apple logo, of course.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Without the Apple logo, of course.

Yes. Because you know, copyright

But I live in South Korea will be hard.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Holy shit.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Holy shit.

Honestly, you can buy a nice etched glass kitchen chopping board for US$10, so this can't be that expensive to make. If it works well as a mousing surface, it's definitely something you could sell to Apple enthusiasts. Just put your own logo on it instead of the Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    oneooneo Posts: 2member
    Thank you for posting it here. ^^;
  • Reply 9 of 11
    oneooneo Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Honestly, you can buy a nice etched glass kitchen chopping board for US$10, so this can't be that expensive to make. If it works well as a mousing surface, it's definitely something you could sell to Apple enthusiasts. Just put your own logo on it instead of the Apple.

Hello, I am another member of producing it.

you have a great idea and you are right !! but I want you to know something that nice etched kitchen chopping board is about US $10 and I can find under $5 one. but Kitchen chopping board made by chip green glass but this Glass Mouse Pad is used by white glass which is 5 times expensive than normal glass. A green glass changes a based color, so it cannot show real white what I want.

The other one is mousepad surface. We tried a lot of chemical and physical method to make perfect surface for all mouses, and we found how to make surface. It needs two physical steps and one chemical step. However, The chemical step is little dangerous work so we skip it now.

Think about material cost + labor cost + shipping cost, it is not chip product.

I really want to sell it around the world. but I dont know how to sell it. surly, except logo. it is just sample for private using.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yellowapple View Post

Hello.

i made glass pad

i'm korean

sorry. i can't well english..

Nice!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneO View Post

Hello, I am another member of producing it.

you have a great idea and you are right !! but I want you to know something that nice etched kitchen chopping board is about US $10 and I can find under $5 one. but Kitchen chopping board made by chip green glass but this Glass Mouse Pad is used by white glass which is 5 times expensive than normal glass. A green glass changes a based color, so it cannot show real white what I want.

The other one is mousepad surface. We tried a lot of chemical and physical method to make perfect surface for all mouses, and we found how to make surface. It needs two physical steps and one chemical step. However, The chemical step is little dangerous work so we skip it now.

Think about material cost + labor cost + shipping cost, it is not chip product.

I really want to sell it around the world. but I dont know how to sell it. surly, except logo. it is just sample for private using.

Great info, thanks! As for marketing, I think you should start by trying to sell it to a peripherals maker like Belkin or Griffin. That solves the logo problem as well.