PDF HW Accerlation?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Would it be possible to make a hardware PDF render accerlator? Or is that already taken care of via video cards that support opengl?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    yes and no
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>yes and no</strong><hr></blockquote>

So what you are saying is maybe.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>So what you are saying is maybe.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes and no...

But what I think Scott is trying to say is 'yes' it is possible to do hardware accel. of pdf but 'no' it isn't already taken care of via GL.

Just a question but do you really have issues with speed when saving PDF files? If so what hardware are you using?

Dave

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    When the original poster says render he or she mean render to screen not to disk.

For me it's rendering to disk that is the big pain.

I just finished a CD ROM project where I had to wait 10 minutes or more every time I saved in optimized format.

160 pages or so, around 50 MB file...

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: AllInOne ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 7
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    both are horid in os x for me...(233MHz iMac, maybe thats my problem!) cant wait for video card support...os 9 sucks without it
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>both are horid in os x for me...(233MHz iMac, maybe thats my problem!) cant wait for video card support...os 9 sucks without it</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got news for you -- on that machine its going to suck even with hardware support.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>both are horid in os x for me...(233MHz iMac, maybe thats my problem!) cant wait for video card support...os 9 sucks without it</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think Godot will be here any moment.

Or you can buy <a href="http://www.yellowdoglinux.com"; target="_blank">this</a>.

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: Scott H. ]</p>