iTunes 10.4 issue

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I can't seem to drag and drop from my music library to a playlist...anybody else have this problem since updating ITunes? I can right mouse click and add to.. but not simply dragging and dropping onto a playlist.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnymark View Post

Just about to purchase Lion but still running Snow Leopard. Upgraded iTunes yesterday though to 10.4.

Problem is this. I've got my 1st Gen Apple TV (connected to surround sound) and an Airport Express (connected to speakers) in another room hooked up via Airplay - or at least I did have!

Now, when I attempt to 'tick' to add these two speakers to the Airplay icon in iTunes it blinks (milli-seconds) as though it's trying to add but then doesn't on either ATV or AE. These worked beautifully before I updated iTunes. Is this a known issue? Would it be rectified (knowing the 10.4 update is geared towards Lion) once I have updated to Lion?

my first and second generation tv's and my airport express all show up and work with lion and iTunes 10.4

they worked fine with old iTunes and lion also though... maybe you need to check with apple's support discussions to see if it a common issue and if there is a easy fix.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    I updated iTunes to the latest version, but still no dice. Selecting one or more than one song title and trying to drag them over to a new playlist to be added does not work still. Only right mouse clicking and doing a 'add to' command works. Very odd.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

my first and second generation tv's and my airport express all show up and work with lion and iTunes 10.4

they worked fine with old iTunes and lion also though... maybe you need to check with apple's support discussions to see if it a common issue and if there is a easy fix.

My problem is that before I upgraded to Lion, I could play iTunes through my local speakers and through my AppleTV at the same time. Sounded great. Now when I try the same thing, the sound through the local speakers is unlistenable, as it's filled with gaps, pops and cracks every few seconds. I have to choose local, or AirPlay, but not both. This was introduced with Lion, not the iTunes update.