How much Ram

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
HEy guys how much RAM does a windows xp professional sever pack 3 have?

i check right now n it shows 1022mb ram, is that realy how much ram i have i need i can i get to 1gb without buyiing new memory

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Uh, you have no idea how RAM works, do you?

It's sticks. That you buy and put in your computer. Which you can't get any more of without buying.

They look-a like-a 'dis:

• Reply 2 of 9
    basedbased Posts: 6member
    when i went to system properties it said i have 1gb Ran but i dont at the moment so should i system restore it, or master reboot it or something to get the 1gb back since at the moment it says i have 1022mb ram
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by based View Post

when i went to system properties it said i have 1gb Ran but i dont at the moment so should i system restore it, or master reboot it or something to get the 1gb back since at the moment it says i have 1022mb ram

No... 1GB is 1024MB, so it's absolutely correct...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ohhh ok I see, so right now i have 1022mb do you know any ways to increase it to 1024mb so i can get 1gb? do i have to uninstall some downloads or something?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

ohhh ok I see...

No... you don't see.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    i understand now since i know i have 1gb, but it says i have 1022mb isnt there a way just to add 2 bytes so i can get 1024 since that equals 1gb
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

i understand now since i know i have 1gb, but it says i have 1022mb isnt there a way just to add 2 bytes so i can get 1024 since that equals 1gb

NO. You already have them. The system requires RAM to load itself to report RAM, so it always reports...

Okay, I'm not even going to bother trying.

Look, if you're trying to run a game or something that requires a gig of RAM minimum, your computer likely won't even be able to run it, anyway. Not with this sort of thing going on.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ya ur right im trying to run a game but it requires 1gb ram and it says i dont have it.. that was i dont understand
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Go buy more RAM.