maximize lion

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i made the following changes resulting in what i think is lion actually speeding things up. scroll back to normal, turn off windows animations, got rid of auto check, put library on finder sidebar, dashboard back to regular, got rid of auto re arrange windows on mission control. cosmetically i got chrome skin for ical and address book. new background for mission control. i opened my six or so apps in mission control

so i can leave on that page and get to everything at once with one click. with all these changes my imac is flying and all cosmetically pleasing to me. so thats my two cents. all hacks available on line and pretty simple. i think jumping off from mission control makes most sense instead of using dock, launchpad, desktop and spotlight. kind of too many options and extra clicks to get any thing done. i felt that opening windows and apps one by one as needed felt more sluggish with lion than snow leopard. anyway maybe next update will speed those things up. i am interested in anyone's input in to how to speed things up.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I really have no idea how you think any of that 'speeds up' your computer, save for the millisecond saved by not doing window animations.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Well, I'm glad my lowly 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo can handle the animations fairly alright. Could be the Nvidia 320M instead of Intel craphics.

Things at first had a few stutters and lags but once the ol' FTL spooled up and caches built things seem okay now.