Trouble Loading AppleInsider with Mac OS X Lion and Safari 5.1

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
It's the Princess Cruises graphics. Whenever, one of them is in the header or the left hand box, the page does not load.

------------

It's back...

------------

Never mind, now it seems to be working. Did something change?

------------

Since upgrading to Lion and Safari 5.1, I am having trouble viewing www.appleinsider.com. The browser gets stuck (in different places) loading the main page. The spinning progress wheel keeps spinning in the tab and the address box. I never see the news stories, just some of the advertising. Safari's activity window does not show any errors.

I am able to load this forum page in Safari/Lion.

I am able to see the site in FireFox/Windows XP.

I tried emptying Safari's cache and resetting it, but no joy.

I can load other sites with Safari/Lion.

Any other suggestions?

Just discovered Safari's Develop menu and showed the Error Console. Here's a few messages that show up when trying to reload www.appleinsider.com:

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/plain.

http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel;r=...%20Influencers

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript.

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/plain.

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'a.getTag()')

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    I haven't been able to load the main page since yesterday. I still can't this morning.

Also Lion/Safari 5.1

Note it also won't load in FireFox either.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It seems all is well now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    If you're using Safari, Firefox, or Chrome here's one definite solution: get adblocker for your browser. Besides getting rid of the clutter on AppleInsider it also helps when going to other sites.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matthewmspace View Post

If you're using Safari, Firefox, or Chrome here's one definite solution: get adblocker for your browser. Besides getting rid of the clutter on AppleInsider it also helps when going to other sites.

I was trying to solve the problems since Lion was out. Thank my friend, it seems to be working!!!