Project Planner

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all,

I'm looking for a project planner app that I can use on both Mac and iPhone as well as be able to sync to both. Anyone know of any such app?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Find the project planner that suits you best at http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/project%20plan...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post

Find the project planner that suits you best at http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/project%20plan...

The OP wants a single application that runs on both the Mac and the iPhone or at least a Mac OS X application that is compatible with an iPhone application. This means that he must identify an application available at the iTunes App Store that is compatible with an application available at the Mac App Store. If the OP were looking for a MacOS X application, then I would enthusiastically recommend OmniPlan. I understand that Merlin is also good. If he were looking for an iPhone app, then I would ask him to give serious consideration to Project Planner. Unfortunately, he wants a single application that is available on both Apple platforms. This is no such application.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

The OP wants a single application that runs on both the Mac and the iPhone or at least a Mac OS X application that is compatible with an iPhone application. This means that he must identify an application available at the iTunes App Store that is compatible with an application available at the Mac App Store. If the OP were looking for a MacOS X application, then I would enthusiastically recommend OmniPlan. I understand that Merlin is also good. If he were looking for an iPhone app, then I would ask him to give serious consideration to Project Planner. Unfortunately, he wants a single application that is available on both Apple platforms. This is no such application.

There will be one when 'iOSX.8' is released which will run on both iOS devices and on Macs. Lion already demonstrates some convergent UI technologies. Don't expect an OSX.8 anymore. OSX.7 Lion is the last major OSX iteration. Maybe there will be a short-lived, placeholder-iOS6, but definitely no iOS7. By that time the new, completely convergent/merged OS architecture should be rolled out that will run (on) all devices. Looks like that will be in 2013/2014. I'm betting on Xmas 2013. More specifically the 3rd week of November 2013.

That a new OS would be several gigs in size isn't a problem for iPhones. It's minimum on-board 'RAM'/solid state memory and storage configuration is 16GB today. If you need more Apple will love to sell you iCloud space as much as you want. So with the new OS iPhones won't need more on-board memory than they currently have. If the iPhone 5 is going to be released without considerably increased on-board memory options as compared to the iPhone 4 that strategy will be confirmed. In fact I expect future iPhone models (and other smartphones as well) to generally feature less on-board memory than current top models do. There will be (i)Clouds galore and their operators will love to sell you memory-in-the-sky as much as you need.