Audio Galaxy for Mac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I found a Mac Satellite for Audiogalaxy, but I keep getting an error message when I try to log on. Am I just stupid? Any suggestions? I mean I checked to make sure I have the right user name and pass in, but other than that I don't know what to try.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Howdy,

You're not stupid; that's happened with all of us. Apparently AudioGalaxy changed something and it broke the Mac Satellite app, and the programmer hasn't changed it or has decided not to bother. It's not a totally elegant solution, but you can try Sputnix in the meantime (http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/kind=1&db=mac&id=12637/sputnix0.3B.tgz-binhex.hqx). It works well in X, and does all its advertised to do. It doesn't support sharing yet though, and so in turn, you're only allowed to download one file at a time. But the author says he's working on building in sharing, so it may become better with time.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks, unfortunately I'm not running OSX yet.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well, the new version (0.3B) supports sharing/multiple downloads and fixes the "waiting for request for shares" bug.

Actually I find Sputnix to be a much more elegant solution than MacSat ever was; it gets "stuck" much less often.