Can't reach internet

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am unable to reach the internet over a router that several other computers are able to reach. I get this message:

"IP configuration:

192.168.0.107 is in use by 00:15:99:62:3e:8e, DHCP server 192.168.0.1"

The network printer is fixed to use 192.168.0.107 because otherwise if set to DHCP, it has to be turned on in a certain sequence with the other computers when the entire network is shut down and restarted. I am unsure what "00:15:99:62:3e:8e" is, but think it is the printer?

The mini is trying to use 192.168.0.107, but cannot because the printer is already using it. How do I make the mini refresh and try another IP #? Or otherwise how do I avoid this problem in futue?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Settings-network (and then you'll have to figure out where to go, I don't remember)... But somewhere in there is a button to "reset dhcp" or some such thing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,312moderator
    In the system preferences > network mentioned, you'd click on the wifi part and then make sure it's set to DHCP and not any options that use a manual address. When you apply that, it should get an IP that doesn't conflict. You can always use DHCP with a manual address if you prefer and pick one that's not in use.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    That did it. Thanks.